Chapter 27: Ghost World

After burying the bodies from the warehouse we took James back to New Orleans and buried him and by the time that happened it was mid-night. Marcel insisted that I spend the night but I declined and left. I could've been home in and hour if I used my vampire speed but decided not to so I bought 2 bottles of liquor and chugged them both down and fed on some people. Usually I wouldn't do that but considering I am drunk and grieving I earned something a bit stronger and warmer then a blood bag. I eventully passed out and woke up at 8 I went home to find Damon chained to a chair. I laughed when I saw him and ripped the chains off of him. I gave him a blood bag then went upstairs without a word. He called my name but I ignored him and slammed my door shut.

I stripped down and took a shower for a half hour soaking in the hot water. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and hair and walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed what I would be wearing (picture on the side--->) and put it on. I blow dried my hair then straightened it. I applied eyeliner and mascaraand looked into the mirror satisfied then walked downstairs to find that no one is home.

I poured some whiskey into a glass downing it. I heard something move behind me and quickly turned around and pinned the intruder to the wall. I gasped when I saw them. Tears sprung to my eyes asI let him go.

"Aidan." I whispered. He had saddness and regret in his eyes. I quickly walked over to him as he walked to me and I tightly wrapped my arms around him as he did the same to me as I sobbed in his chest. It was tears of joy. As much as i love Klaus, I still love Aidan. He kissed the top of my head and we pulled away.

"How are you here?" I ask him wiping my tears away.

"I don't know, but I am." Aidan said with a smile.

-

I took another swig of bourbon dancing with Aidan while drinking. After we talked for an hour or two we got bored so we are doing this.

I jumped around the place dancing Aidan would laugh at me ere or there because I was kinda drunk. It was night by now.

I felt kinda guilty because I still have feeling for Klaus and he killed Aidan. And I don't even know if Klaus and I are even together! I'm so confused.

"it's okay you know." Aidan stated. I looked up at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"To love Klaus. I know you do so don't deny it. It's okay you don't have to feel guilty." He told me. I smiled a bit. My eyes teared up a bit.

"Hey don't cry." He cooed. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I snuggled up against him. Now that I think of it he reminds me of a moose. I giggled.

"what's so funny?" He asks confused.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about something.". I replied.

We pulled apart when the door opened. Caroline and Bonnie walked in. They were surprised to see me.

"Who's this?" Care asked me awkwardly.

"This is Aidan, my ex who Klaus killed in his hybrid ritual." I bluntly said. They both looked shocked.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Bonnie then explained to me about the veil being down and how they are going to look for Elena's necklace to shut the door to the other side. I felt slightly sad when she said that. I couldn't respond so I just nodded. They both headed upstairs.

I felt arms wrap around me an I turned and hugged Aidan.

"I don't want you to leave." I whispered into his chest. I do love him I always have but right now being in his arms feels wrong. And I know why, it's because that I love Klaus, I love Klaus more than Aidan, it's always been Klaus.