Chapter 7: Slater/ Katerina

So what do you guys think of my story so far? I hope you guys like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon's P.O.V.

We just arrived at this cafè or whatever to meet up with this Slater guy. Then we pulled into this parking garage and got out.

"Back entrance. How convenient."

"That's the point. We can't all have little daylight rings." "How do you know this Slater guy is even here?" I ask Rose. I wish Juliet was here and I wander what this Aidan guy is like and I swear I will kill him he hurts her.

"I called him. He's here. He's always here."

"Good." I shove Rose into the wall. "If you are setting me up in anyway, I will rip your heart out and shove it down your throat. It's something I'm very good at." Then Rose twisted my arm back and pinned me to the car. Damn it!

"I'm older than you and stronger. Don't get on my bad side. You can trust me."

I followed into the cafe or whatever it is. "Woah. What about the, uh... sunlight?" I ask her. "Double-pane and tempered. UV rays can't penetrate. You see the appeal now?" Then a guy walks up to us. "That and the free wi-fi." I'm assuming that's Slater.

Rose hugs Slater. "Hey. How are you?" "Hey, good. I saw you come. What are you doin' here?"

"Mmm, it's a long story, but I want you to meet---" "Damon Salvatore." Slater interrupted Rose. How the hell does he know who I am?

"Turned 1864, Mystic Falls, by Katherine Pierce, AKA Katerina Petrova."

WTF!? "So I take it I was right. What I told you about the tomb under the church is true?" "Yes it was right. Thank you for the tip." "Yeah it's nice to meet you." He puts his hand towards me. I gave Rose a look then shook his hand. How does he know this stuff? That's what I want to know. "Maybe. What's uh, goin' on Rose? Where's Trevor?" Awkward.

We were now sitting at a table. "And you're sure that Elijah's dead?" "Beyond dead." I reply. That alittle guilt washed over me when I thought of Juliet. "Poor Juliet." Slater whispered. "What was that?" "Oh um nothing it's just a friend if mine she's friends with Elijah." "Wait how do you know her?" I ask a little irritated. "She's a friend of mine we met in 98 in Miami, we became close friends and she told me she was like best friends with the guy. How do you know her?" I glare at him. "She's my sister." "Woah what? I didn't know she was a Salvatore I guess she changed her surname." I shrug.

"Slaters been in college since '74." "When I was turned." He smiled. Um okay. "I have 18 degrees 3 masters and 4 PHd's." "The point?" This guy is kinda starting to irritate me. "Exactly. I mean, what is the point? What should I be doing for eternity? If you have an answer, please enlighten me. And how is Juliet? Last time I checked she was running from somebody?" "Who was she running from?" He started to look nervous. "I-I" "Tell me!" I asked yelling/whisper. "She was running from Klaus." He looked down. "Why?" I pushed on. Why would is she running from him? Did she piss him off? With Juliet you never know. "w-well if you didn't know this but Klaus and Juliet were together she told me about how he found her etc. They fell in love and in '87 she left him but I don't know why and he's been searching for her the last time I checked." I already knew that much.

"We need your help. If someone wanted to get in touch with Klaus, how would you hook 'em up?" "Craigslist."

"Really?" "Seriously. I respond to a personal ad that gets send to somebody who knows somebody who knows Elijah, who's dead, and that's where my connection ends."

Elena's P.O.V.

"So how much of your little story is true?" I ask Katherine. I stood up. "I have no reason to lie, Elena. I have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot."