| 27 |

Throughout the day the boys had slowly come home one by one, meanwhile Niki and I had sat in his bunk and watched the movie we started last night but never finished because we fell asleep 20 minutes in and the movie was all done once we woke up in the morning.

"We could always make dumplings for dinner," I reminded Jay as I walked out from the bedroom and down towards the kitchen where he had yelled from.

"Mom made me dumplings," he shook his head.

"Well dammit angry bird, then I have no bloody clue of what we should eat," I commented making him look to me with an arched brow before letting out a small laugh as he shook his head, "that's right, you love me~"

"Not as much as Sunoo does," he reminded making me let out a small giggle before opening one of the cupboards to look for dinner, "he's not home yet, is he?"

"Do you see anyone clinging onto my waist?" I questioned.

"No..."

"Then I don't suppose he is," I shook my head.

"Lily!" a scream echoed out as if on cue making Jay and I share a look that just screamed that we were scared for our lives, "Lily!"

I didn't even get to move a muscle before I felt someone latch themselves onto my waist as Sunoo nuzzled his head into my neck.

"I was not aware that he would miss you THAT much," Jay commented making me stare at him with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry," Sunoo stated, "I barely got to tell you before you got on the train. I'm so so sorry about everything, it was supposed to be a nice time off for both of us, and we were supposed to enjoy time with my family and-"

"Hold on... I hear tea here... please do tell," Jay stated making me let out a small laugh.

"My dad said some racist things to Lin that made her go home yesterday before lunch," Sunoo excused.

"I think saying 'some' is an understatement," I commented.

"Yeah it would make more sense for it to be harsh for her to leave," Jay nodded in agreement, "but I thought you said that harsh comments doesn't really affect you as long as it's not about your family or a death threat."

"It doesn't," I shook my head, "not when I read it. But when I get it straight to the face I'm just not taking it," I shrugged, "and he did mention my family."

"And I spoke with my dad multiple times since you left, and he promised to behave next time and he said he doesn't understand what happened himself," Sunoo rambled making me let out a small laugh.

"Sunoo-ya~" I cooed out making him shut up immediately, "it's alright."

"No it's not," he immediately shook his head, "I could see how sad and hurt you got each time he said something, even if you tried to smile it off. Your eyes can't lie, Lin."

"Should I... Should I leave?" Jay questioned and I just shook my head at him.

"How about you go in and pack out Sunoo?" I questioned and patted his hands that laid folded on my stomach, "and stop thinking about it. Okay?"

"Hmm... fine," he muttered before letting go of me and rushing out in the front hall to get his things.

"I think I'm gonna make some noodles with dumplings if that's alright. Dad and I always eat together on the new year celebrations, and I haven't had it this year yet," I stated to Jay who just nodded and held up his hands as a defense, "oh... and I think Hoonie wants steak."

"He's making it himself this time then. I'm not making any more steak for him," Jay stubbornly insisted making me let out a small laugh as I began making dinner for myself.

I think Jay eventually had given up and just disappeared from the kitchen as I cooked.

"Lin~" Sunoo's voice cooed as he walked back into the kitchen and I hummed before glancing over at him, "are you making dinner?"

"I think there'll be enough for you as well," I hummed knowing very well what he was trying to get at, "I think I might've made a bit too much."

"What is it?" he excitedly questioned and skipped over beside me.

"Uh... noodles and dumplings," I replied, "dad and I always eat it on the new year."

"You do?" he questioned and I nodded at him.

"It's normal for people in the north to eat dumplings, whereas people in the south eat noodles for new years. My dad is originally from northern China but now we live more in the south of China, so we're just mixing it up," I shrugged making him let out a small laugh at me, "what?"

"I like that idea," he excused making me glance up at him.

"Liar, you like that I'm just as big of a foodie as you," I stated making him giggle and wrap an arm around my waist and lay his head on my shoulder.

"Maybe..." he admitted.

"Oh dear god, you two begin to look like an old couple," Jungwon gagged from the door to the kitchen making us both look over at him, "I don't think I'm hungry anyways," he shook his head before wandering back to the living room.

"Ah what a lovely little shit," I hissed at Jungwon's back.

"Eh, get used to it," Sunoo shrugged, "he's not gonna change any time soon."

"I sure don't hope so," I hummed at him and looked back at the noodles I was cooking.

"Lily?" Sunoo questioned and I hummed as he tugged a strand of hair behind my ears, "I asked the company and they said... that once we've had our first comeback this year, they would be fine with us going public."

"You really want to go public, don't you?" I questioned and he immediately hummed, "why?"

"Because... I don't know if you've realized but an odd amount of other male idols have described you as their ideal type by now, and I want to make it clear they don't have a chance," he shrugged.

"And you don't think they do?" I questioned him with a smug smile.

"You're so annoying," he sighed and rolled his eyes, "and no, they don't have a chance have you seen my face? It's both handsome and cute, how can you not prefer this face over any other face?"

"So that's your reason?" I questioned him.

"I just want to be able to post all of our pictures together without some scandal happening. I want to be that cute boyfriend that just straight out praises everything about his girlfriend to a large base of people who just show endless support," he muttered in a shy voice as a small smile played on his lips.

"You are aware we won't only get support, right?" I questioned and he immediately nodded at me.

"I know, but I think a lot of engenes will be happy about us," he stated making me smile up at him, "what?"

"Okay," I nodded at him and he frowned, "okay... we'll go public when we're past our first comeback."

"Wait... you're serious?" he widened his eyes at me and I nodded, "thank you, thank you, thank you," he happily jumped before grabbing the sides of my face and placing a big kiss on my forehead.

"What Sunbeam wants, Sunbeam gets," I muttered to myself in amusement.

"Up until now I surely have," he happily nodded in agreement with a wide smile on his face.