| 29 |

My eyes opened wide the moment I had jolted up in bed. My eyes moved around frantically scanning the room, as I had trouble catching my breath.

"Lily?" a voice spoke as I felt something wrap their arm around me.

I immediately let out a squeak before slapping the thing away with repeated slaps. I knew I hit whatever it was, as I could hear my hand hit something that surely wasn't my duvet.

"Yah, stop it!" a voice yelled out before the light was turned on somewhere, immediately blinding me.

I immediately stopped hitting before looking around through the blinding light. I had to get away, now. I immediately felt my way around before my hand hit nothing but air and my hand slipped.

"Woah, woah, woah," a voice called out and I felt myself get pulled backwards.

I immediately tried to hit out or kick out for whatever had pulled me backwards, as I yelled and screamed out things. I couldn't breathe, I was scared, and I just wanted to get away.

"Lin!" a stern voice called out making me immediately curl up in a small ball and hold my hands over my ears whimpering and breathing heavily, "what is happening to you?"

"Hyung. Don't," the voice behind me stated making me try and flinch away before beginning to hit the arm that held onto my waist.

"Let go, let go, let go," I whined as my slaps intensified.

"Sunoo let go of her," another voice spoke up.

"If I let go she's gonna fall down," the voice behind me stubbornly insisted.

I let out another whimper before feeling myself fall to the side as I curled up into a ball once more. By now I was sure I was gonna die right then and there.

"Come here," I was lifted up and my head was pushed down against something, making me hit out once again, before realizing I was too tired to even fight back anymore, if I was gonna die here then that was just how it was gonna be.

"What's wrong with noona?"

"I think you should go back to bed Niki."

"It's alright... calm down," someone whispered into my hair, "I got you... I got you."

"Sunoo, what in the world was that?"

"Night terror."

"A what now?"

"Just go back to sleep. I got it."

There was silent for some time before the light was turned off again making me tense up once more, making whatever it was that was holding onto me, give me a small squeeze.

"Listen to my breathing, listen," the voice spoke as I was still trying to heave for my breath, "I got you... hey, you're safe. I got you. You're safe Lily... You're safe."

"S-sunoo," I muttered.

"Mhm," the voice hummed.

"I need Sunoo," I murmured once more earning a small laugh.

"I'm right here. I'm Sunoo," he hummed rubbing my arm in a small and soothing way, "try and follow my breathing. You're safe."

I hesitantly nodded before balling his shirt tightly in my fists, trying to calm myself down before I felt my eyelids drooping.

"You tired?" Sunoo questioned and I hummed with a small nod, "lets lay down," he urged.

I hummed as he carefully helped me lay down again. Not once did I let go of his shirt as he helped me lay down and pulled the duvet up over me.

"You know what?" Sunoo questioned and I hummed at him, "I think you're gonna sleep by the wall tonight," he stated and I felt myself get lifted over on his other side, still not letting go of his shirt, "try still and breathe with me," he urged as he finally laid down and pulled the duvet over me.

I tried to concentrate on his breathing as he tugged the duvet up around me and made sure I was secure under it before reaching below the duvet and wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Breathe Lily... breathe," he reminded and I nodded before pulling in a deep breath, "like that, yeah."

"Sunoo?" I muttered earning a hum as he began rubbing my back softly, "don't leave."

"I'm not," he assured, "I'm not gonna leave you. But we're gonna get you down to a lower bunk in the morning. There's no way I feel safe with you sleeping in a top bunk after tonight."

"What is the time?" I muttered and felt my eyes drop.

"Don't worry about that. I'll make sure you get to sleep until you wake up yourself in the morning," he assured and ran a hand over my hair, "try and get some peaceful sleep now."

"I'm scared," I muttered as my eyes dropped again, even if I tried to keep them open.

"Don't be. I'm here to save you, be your knight in shining armour," he assured making me let out a small tired laugh, "the prince on the white horse."

"Thank you," I muttered and he just hummed and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"A prince always protects his princess," he hummed at me, "and that means you're my princess."

"I am?" I questioned, clearly trying to keep myself awake by continuously speaking with him, even if my eyes were drooping.

"Mhm... Princess Lily," he hummed at me, "now sleep. I'm not answering you anymore."

"I don't want to."

"You need to."

It was almost as if he had just snapped his fingers to make me fall asleep. Because just one second of complete silence was all it needed for me to just completely pass out once again.