Cool Dad

Daeho age 15

I quickly thanked the cashier as I paid for the three ice creams and somehow balanced them down to our table where Sunoo sat pointing at something whilst Daeho looked wildly uncomfortable.

"What about him? He's cute, right?" Sunoo questioned as he pointed to a boy and I turned to look at the boy he was pointing at.

"Dad!" Daeho gasped at Sunoo who just looked at him in confusion.

"What? What am I doing wrong?" Sunoo turned to me as I placed his ice cream down in front of him and handed Daeho his.

"You got his taste all wrong," I shook my head at Sunoo as I sat down and looked around before my eyes fell on another boy, "someone like him, is just Daeho's taste, right?" I turned to Daeho who looked at the boy I had pointed out and just stared.

Sunoo let out a small gasp of disbelief as I just smugly smirked at him as we watched our son just sit and stare at the boy in awe.

"Momma knows best," I mocked Sunoo who leaned back and began sulking in his chair whilst eating his ice cream, "just admit I'm best at talking about boys."

"But it's not fair! You can talk about boys with both Daeho and Jinae," Sunoo complained as I let out a small laugh at him, "I want Jinae to like girls then."

"She's 10... let the girl live," Daeho looked weirdly at his dad as I just let out a small laugh in amusement, "besides... she has better taste in boys than you do."

"Will you stop ganging up on me like this! I am trying!" Sunoo loudly complained at us.

"I mean... even uncle Jay is better at this than you," Daeho stated and I just nodded in agreement.

"Hyung???" Sunoo immediately looked to me as I just nodded.

"He got Daeho that number from the flowerist boy down the street," I pointed out before looking back to Daeho, "did you ever go on that date?"

"Bisexual," Daeho shook his head at me, "he went on a date with a girl before I got the chance to ask... from what I know they're still dating."

"I'll go get that boy's number then," Sunoo stated and stared at the boy Daeho had marvelled over just before.

"Dad... please don't," Daeho shook his head.

"No... I can do this too, I'll show you," Sunoo stubbornly stated before marching off and Daeho immediately placed his face in his hands.

"Mom, do something," Daeho complained at me as I watched Sunoo approached the poor boy.

"I'm afraid I can't," I shook my head as I watched Sunoo eagerly explain the situation.

"I'm never gonna get a boyfriend if dad continues like that," Daeho complained making me look at him with sympathy.

"You know what happened before dad and I got together?" I questioned him.

"I know, I know... you were on some survival show ages ago," Daeho waved his hand and I shook my head at him.

"No... or well... yes," I nodded at him, "but what they didn't show in that survival show was how the other boys always bullied your dad about his feelings. They would always mock him for being so head over heels all the time, even in front of me, and look at us now? He still gets mocked about his feelings, but hey... I'm still here right?"

"What are you even trying to say?" Daeho sighed at me.

"No matter how much you'll get embarrassed in front of the boy you fancy it doesn't mean he won't end up liking you and such," I pointed out to him, "sure he'll laugh... you have no idea how much I laughed at your dad but I still fell in love with him. So your dad might embarrass you by a lot right now, but it's not gonna mean that that boy won't fall in love with you... or any other boy. You know you can't get rid of your ridiculously embarrassing parents."

"I know... I didn't really get a chance to pick," Daeho reminded with a small snort as I just smiled at him.

"Besides you got my genes, you must be good looking then," I reminded him and he just let out a small sigh as Sunoo walked back to the table.

"So uhm... he was on a date with his girlfriend," Sunoo stated making me frown and look back at the boy he had approached.

"I could've sworn he was gay," I commented in confussion.

"He's not," Daeho shook his head.

"But," Sunoo stated and held up a white piece of paper, "he thought you sounded like 'a cool dude' and would like to at least hang out with you some day... especially if your dad dares to go up and try and wing him with you," Sunoo stated and extended the paper to Daeho who suddenly looked at his dad in shock.

"This is... surprisingly cool," Daeho commented as Sunoo sat back down in his seat.

"Yah! I am cool!" Sunoo defended, "I had that discussion with your mom long ago, I would've thought she would've passed it on to you."

"I never agreed on that you were cool," I reminded him with a small laugh as he snapped his head to me with his mouth hanging slightly agape, "I never did Sunoo-ya."

"But I am cool," Sunoo stated making me just hum at him.

"I'm sure you were pretty cool dad... were," Daeho stated as he softly patted Sunoo's shoulder.

"I'm showing you pictures and videos when we get home," I pointed to Daeho who immediately nodded.

"No! No!" Sunoo pointed at me and then at Daeho, "I am cool, just admit it."

"Nah... not feeling it," I shook my head making Daeho let out a small laugh as Sunoo just stared at me in disbelief, "love you too~"