Weekly Idol

October 4, 2021

Today we were filming Weekly Idol for our next comeback era with Dimension: Dilemma. It was quite nice to be back and going and all, but I always found it so funny and relaxing to go around and do variety shows like these.

The boys and I all quietly stood to the side as we watched Kwanghee and Eunhyuk start their introduction of us before we all ran out to stand on line for the opening of the show.

"I realized," Eunhyuk turned to Kwanghee, who immediately directed his attention to his co-host, "we always call them a boygroup, but they're not."

"Ah that's right," Kwanghee stated as they both looked over at me.

"No, no, no, it's alright," I quickly assured with a small laugh, "I always call us a boygroup too," I assured, "my dad boy married this summer and I told my stepmom that I was in a boygroup, and it's confusing, but we're a boygroup... with its own little quirks."

"We always call it a co-ed group," Jake commented and the other boys nodded, "but she goes around and call us a boygroup."

"I just don't see us as a co-ed group," I excused, "so boygroup is fine," I assured the two hosts.

"Your Korean got better too, since last time," Kwanghee commented as I just nodded and got a small pat on the back from Jay, who proudly smiled when I looked over at him.

"I practiced hard for Engene," I nodded in agreement.

We quickly ended the introduction of the show before we got over to start with the actual segments of the show. The first segment was us fulfilling the Engenes requests for us and what they wanted to see us do. The first of which was us dancing to K-pop senior idol bands' song.

We all started off with dancing to 'Permission to Dance' by BTS, since they were under our company as well and we had to show off a bit, you know... while we can. 

"First wish... Niki, who do you want to travel with?" Kwanghee read as everyone looked to Niki.

"Jay hyung," he answered within a heartbeat, no hesitation at all. Much to Jay's happiness, if I had to say so.

"Why'd you pick him?" Kwnaghee continued.

"Oh well... he's fun to be with, and very knowledgeable," Niki commented and we all nodded in agreement.

"Niki, is there someone you wouldn't want to travel with?" Kwanghee continued and this time all attention was back on Niki again, however a bit more tense than last time.

"Uhm," Niki let out a small laugh before gesturing down towards me and Heeseung, who sat beside each other, "noona and Heeseung hyung."

"He didn't even hesitate," Eunhyuk commented as I just sat and looked down at Niki, who was trying to keep in his laugh.

"Lin looks like she'll kill him," Kwanghee commented as the boys all broke down laughing and I looked back at them in shock.

"Heeseung looks like he's gonna disown him," Eunhyuk added on, only causing even more laughter.

"Why won't you travel with them Niki?" Kwanghee questioned.

"Well, Heeseung hyung has a habit of losing his things," Niki excused, resulting in a heavy sigh coming from Heeseung and the rest of us just laughing at his reasoning.

"I didn't really want to travel with him either," Heeseung excused only resulting in even more laughing.

"Ah, petty," I commented to Heeseung who just let out a half-laugh, half-sigh.

"And for noona," Niki continued and I looked down at him, "we still have some trouble understanding each other once in a while... I wanna travel with noona when we can communicate easier."