Leaving (3)

June 24, 2024

I smiled contently as I continued picking the strawberries and placing them in the basket grandma had given me to walk around with. It was quite therapeutic to just walk around by myself everyday and pick the strawberries, like I used to do in all my summer vacations until I turned 15, and I moved to China with my dad.

Small rustling nearby made my head immediately snap up. A relieved smile immediately spreading on my face when I saw a red fox casually striding through the strawberry plants. I smiled and quickly picked up a strawberry, I let out a small whistle catching the attention of the fox. It immediately turned it's head to me and I held up the strawberry making it jog to me. As it reached me it immediately latched itself onto the strawberry.

I let out a small laugh at the cute sight and quickly got out my phone to click a picture of it. I let it finish the strawberry completely before quickly getting up and chasing it off, as I was supposed to do whenever foxes came trespassing through the strawberries

Once the fox ran into the forrest I stopped running and immediately crouched down on the ground by some new plants. Instead of picking the strawberries right away I immediately got out my phone and send a text to Sunoo, knowing he expected to get a test from me everyday, and that I had forgotten it today.

Lin
I didn't know you were
gonna come visit me

Picture loading...

Sunoo

How did you find out?

Lin
Sent a picture:

LinSent a picture:

ait... what?

Sunoo

Nothing...
i

t's a cute fox, but not cuter
than me

I looked up in confusion, Sunoo had made it pretty obvious he was coming to visit, but when? 

I actually really wanted to see him by now. It had been a whole month, and even though I don't know what reaction I would have to seeing another man than my grandpa after a whole month. I just really longed for Sunoo's hugs, but how I was gonna react I didn't know.

Seeing no one but my grandparents walking around up around the half-timbered white farm house I let out a small sigh and turned back to crouch down and pick a few strawberries.

I continued to go around and pick out the prettiest strawberries, humming to myself as I enjoyed the nice sunny weather.

"Little princess!" 

One yell and it was enough for me to freeze in spot. A small smile grew on my face before I slowly turned and watched as Sunoo carefully ran down towards me.