| 28 |

"It'll be fine," Jay assured me as he stopped the music for me.

"I'm beginning to regret my choice," I shook my head at him, "I should've chosen Chilbo instead."

Today I was going to attend my entrance exam for Hanlim's dance appartment. But because of the pandemic it would be online, so I would be rung up within the next ten minutes and then they will do some interview with me before I had to show a self-choreographed pre-prepared dance.

"You're kidding right," Jay questioned and I shook my head at him, "Lin you're better than me at dancing. You'll get in for sure."

"What if I screw up the interview?" I questioned him and he frowned, "if I forget my Korean."

"You'll be fine," he assured and I immediately shook my head, "look, as much as you hate hearing it, they already have a good eye to you because of your acting in the past."

"But I don't want to get into the acting department," I shook my head at him, "I want to get into the dancing department?"

Jay let out a sigh before marching over and grabbing onto my shoulders, shaking me a few times before bending down on my eye level.

"Did you even listen to me?" he questioned.

"Of course I listened," I hummed at him as a small frown grew on my face.

"Then you would've heard me saying you're a better dancer than me, and that they already like you because you acted beforehand and you actually are a debuted idol. You're practically guaranteed to get in," he stated with determination written all over his face, making me let out a small laugh at him, "now what is it that you're always telling us when we get nervous about something?"

"Straighten your back, chin high, and keep in mind there's no better you, than you," I let out a small laugh and he patted my shoulder with a small smile on his face.

"Now, go ace this entrance exam," he stated before rushing over to the music once again, "I believe in you!"

"I can do this," I muttered to myself with a small nod making Jay grin widely towards me before a loud ring erupted from my computer and I rushed over to it, "oh god, what do I do? What do I do? " I panicked and looked over at Jay.

"Deep breath and take it," he calmly reminded and I nodded as I took in a deep breath before answering the incoming call. Three strict faces immediately popped up on screen.

"Miss Fan Lian?" the woman in the middle questioned.

"Fàn Li Yang," I bowed my head to her as I corrected her mispronounciation of my name, hesitantly glancing over at Jay who just nodded and gave me a thumbs up, before gesturing for me to take a deep breath, which I did.

"You seem nervous miss Fàn," the woman commented and I nodded at her.

"I am," I nodded at her.

"Take a deep breath and we'll go slowly through everything," she assured me and I nodded as a small smile spread on my face.

The interview part was about half an hour long, and once they told me the interview was over I looked over at Jay who just excitedly stood and smiled at me. Must mean I did good.

I carefully stood up from the floor and stepped backwards as I was told to show my dance. I subtly snapped my fingers and Jay started my music for me. I carefully counted myself in and began dancing as I had practiced.

I had spent a whole week on making a minute long choreography, which was needed for my entrance exam. I had barely even practiced for our comeback at all, all my attention had only been on this one minute and I think all the boys had sensed it too. Whenever I had stayed at the practice room or gotten there earlier one of the boys would insist on going with me or staying with me, just to make sure I ate and drank something whilst practicing.

"Very nice miss Fàn, you'll hear from us before school start," the woman stated before I bowed and heard the sound of the call ended.

I immediately fell to my knees before laying flat down on the floor, footsteps immediately approaching me and softly kicking me in the side.

"You alive, or do I have to call Sunoo?" Jay questioned.

"I'm good," I nodded at him, "just... relieved... it's finally over."

"You did great," he assured with a wide smile.

"I did?" I questioned, still breathing heavily from the dance.

"If they weren't impressed by that, it's simply impossible to impress them," he hummed and crouched down beside me, "now get up, I'll pay for lunch."

"Oooh... expensive food," I commented making him let out a small laugh.

"In your dreams Lacroix," he hummed.

"For you it's Fàn," I corrected as he just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, get up. We're going out to eat and celebrate that it's finally over," he stated and I simply hummed with a small nod, pushing myself up in a sitting position.

"Do I get to decide what food it is?" I questioned and he nodded.

"Of course," he nodded at me, "what do you want?"

"I don't know... what do I want?" I questioned myself in shock.

"Ooh, window shopping. But with food," Jay cooed at me making me let out a small laugh as I pulled my jacket on and grabbed my bag.

I watched as Jay moved over to the door to exit the dance studio, before he realized I wasn't going with him. He turned over and looked at me with a weird look.

"Aren't you coming?" he questioned.

"Did I do good enough?" I questioned making him let out a small sigh before smiling softly at me, immediately marching over and throwing an arm around my shoulders to pull me into his side.

"You did amazing," he assured, "you're the best candidate for that scholarship. If they don't let you in, I'm dropping out."

"Is it the whole if Jungwon gets eliminated you'll break the egg, thing over again?" I questioned him making him let out a sigh.

"I'm afraid it is," he nodded at me, "there's no way I can stay in that school if you don't get in. Now, remember, chin up, straighten your back, you are the best you. Now lets go eat, my treat."