Come Home Soon

February 27, 2022

I quietly crept out of my bedroom, looking up and down the hallway as I glanced around. Immediately a small laugh came from the direction of the living room. Looking down I saw Jay just chuckling as he looked at me.

"Well good morning," Jay cooed and I just hummed and gave him a small nod, "we're going to the company later to film a dance jam."

"Already?" I murmured and he hummed with a small nod.

"Oh, you're up already?" Heeseung questioned as he came walking from the other end, where the kitchen was located.

"Mhm," I hummed at him with a small nod.

"I thought you would sleep longer today, you sounded to have a nightmare," Heeseung excused and I nodded quietly, "and you still seem uneasy," he remarked as he ruffled my hair, noticing how my hands were fiddling around.

"Where's Sunoo?" I quietly questioned and looked after him as Heeseung walked into our room. Meanwhile I desperately tried to push away all the pictures of my dreams, how he had suddenly disappeared under that wave.

"Don't you remember?" Jay questioned as he passed by the room, only making me feel even more uneasy, "he's not here."

I abruptly turned to Heeseung, who had thrown himself back on his bed, mindlessly playing on his phone. Quite quickly I think he caught onto how I had reacted to what Jay said.

I hadn't even noticed myself that my breathing had picked up and my eyebrows had furrowed into a panicked expression as I looked at the older boy.

"Woah, woah, woah," Heeseung hurried up from his bed and pried my hands from one another, so I didn't pick more at the skin on my hands, "hey, that dream you had. Not real, no no no, Sunoo is fine."

"Where is he?" I whispered as Heeseung carefully guided me over to my bed.

"He promised you to go get some things for you in the morning, remember?" Heeseung questioned and I slowly nodded, recalling Sunoo's words from yesterday on our way home from work, "he's just out getting those."

"Are you sure?" I whispered as Heeseung knelt down beside my bed and softly rubbed his thumbs over the back of my hand.

"I'm completely and one hundred percent sure," he nodded at me before quickly getting out his phone. Within seconds it was calling and a quite familiar voice answered.

"Oh hyung," Sunoo's voice spoke scratchy through the phone.

"Sunoo... can you please assure Lin that you're fine and will be home soon?" Heeseung spoke as he put the phone on speaker.

"Is she alright?" Sunoo immediatey questioned sounding quite confused.

"I think she had a nightmare and is a bit nervous with your abscence in the dorm," Heeseung admitted as I stared hard at his phone.

Within seconds Sunoo's face had appeared on the screen and he pulled his mask down slightly as he brought the phone closer to his face.

"Hi Lily," Sunoo cooed down, "I'm home in fifteen minutes, so wait for me, alright? I just have to pay."

"Sunoo," I called out and he immediately hummed as he brought the mask over his face again, "are you alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine," he nodded in assurance, "and when I get home we can put on a movie or something so you can be assured that I'm perfectly fine, how does that sound?"

"I'd like that," I nodded at him, even though Heeseung hadn't turned on the camera for me to see.

"I'll be home soon, I love you," Sunoo cooed.

"I love you too," I whispered and the call immediately ended.

"See?" Heeseung softly questioned and I just nodded as he smiled softly at me, "I'll stay with you until Sunoo comes home, and then you can get the room to cuddle and all that sappy stuff. I'll go play with Jake."

Heeseung sat in the same spot for the minutes to come, softly assuring me everthing was right the moment he noticed I had begun feeling uneasy once again. The moment the front door opened I heard fast footsteps down towards Heeseung and I's room, before Sunoo barged in and pulled his mask down.

"I can take it from here hyung," Sunoo softly assured and Heeseung quietly nodded before patting my head softly, quietly walking out past Sunoo, "so... let's watch a movie? I might've bought a few more snacks because of the call. But I don't think that's any shame."

I watched quietly as Sunoo got rid of his jacket and rushed over to me to bring me into a tight hug, running a hand through my hair as he did so.

"Will you tell me what the dream was about?" he whispered and I slowly nodded, "as usual?"

"No..." I shook my head quietly, "it was more real... you were, I think you were going for a walk at night. You were walking alone by some... some water. It was windy and such. You never came back home from your walk and we reported you missing in the morning. Then... they found securit footage of you on your walk and suddenly... there was a wave and it just pulled you in... just like that. Your face was on all news, saying things like you were missing and theories about you drowning. The police looked for you for weeks, but couldn't find you in the water."

"Hmm..." Sunoo hummed and only hugged me tighter, "but you know what? I'll never go on a walk without you. You know I don't go on walks alone. The least I do is bring one of the other boys with me."

"I know," I murmured.

"So you have absolutely nothing to worry about," he assured and pressed a kiss to my temple, "and today... when we film the dance jam, if you want, you're more than welcome to be as clingy to me as you possibly may want."

"The company won't be happy," I murmured and he only snorted at me.

"Tell me, when did you last thing about what the company wanted?" he let out a small laugh as he turned my head, forcing me to look at him, "you normally don't even hesitate to defy what they say."

"I'm vulnerable right now, you know I'm not as hard headed in these situations," I complained to which he let out a small laugh and pecked my cheek softly.

"And that's why I'm offering youto cling to me all day," he reminded and I nodded at him, "let's put on a movie, alright?"

Once I quietly nodded, Sunoo carefully let go of me and slipped off my bed to go grab the snacks he had bought. Passionately looking for the perfect movie to watch in this situation.