Isolation

Early-May 2021

I quickly looked over my bed to look for anything I had forgotten for today's music show. Once I had decided there was nothing I had forgotten I rushed out to the boys and slipped on my boots as I watched Sunghoon and Jake rush out the door, past our manager that was talking with someone on the phone. 

I was about to follow after Jake and Sunghoon before our manager held out a hand to stop me right in the doorway, much to my confusion. I had even gotten my mask on and everything, ready to go out into the cars.

"Okay, listen here Lin," our manager sighed and dropped his phone again before looking to a car and doing a gesture to get one of the boys out of the car, Jungwon immediately rushing out. Of course our manager had called on the leader.

"Everything good?" Jungwon questioned and pulled his mask down as he looked at us in confusion, me doing the same.

"Mask up Lin," our manager stated and I quickly lifted my mask up over my nose again, "listen the case is... her stylist got tested positive for covid this morning. You boys have to go on the show and perform with Lin. Meanwhile, Lin," our manager turned to me as I just stoof with wide eyes, trying to process what I was being told, "we'll send you into isolation. We have a place ready for that. You'll get two tests taken and if both are negative you go back to usual schedule. Got it?"

"What...? No..." I shook my head in confusion as Jungwon looked equally as confused as us, "well... yeah I understand but... unnie didn't have symptoms and I feel fine. I feel completely fine."

"What's happening?" Heeseung questioned and rushed up stand beside Jungwon, looking equally as confused as I felt.

"Noona has to get tested," Jungwon muttered in utter disbelief, "her stylist..."

"Oh..." Heeseung slowly trailed off as I could see the other boys get out of the cars behind Jungwon and Heeseung, all looking at us in confusion before walking up behind Heeseung and Jungwon.

"Another car is coming to get you Lin. Wear your mask until you're in the isolation room, got it?" our manager questioned and I slowly nodded as I watched  realization wash over the faces of the other boys, all taking a step back in unison.

"Wait... she's sick?" Jay questioned and I could see him do a swift motion as he pushed Sunoo over behind him.

"No no no, her stylist is," our manager quickly assured, "we just need to be on the safe side. You boys get out in the car and I'll get out there soon."

"But..." Sunoo slowly trailed off as everyone looked to him, "Lily and I slept beside each other tonight so I better go with her."

"That's not how it works Sunoo," Jay shook his head at him.

"We know it's because you want to be with her, but this once it's not gonna go that way," Sunghoon shook his head at Sunoo, who seemed very much at dismay with that.

"But-" Sunoo started as the other boys just shook their heads and Sunoo immediately went silent.

"It's fine Sunoo... I'll be back before you know it," I let out a small laugh at him and he just nodded with a sad expression on his face.

"I'm just... I'm gonna go back to the cars," Sunoo muttered and turned around and walked away.

"He'll be fine again noona," Jungwon assured and I just nodded at him, "be negative... or well... let the test be negative and give us daily updates... Sunoo hyung needs minute updates and then we'll see you in a few days. Okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded at him before he did a small wave and walked off along with our manager and the rest of the boys.

I quietly watched as the boys drove off and patiently waited for the car that was supposed to get me, Let me tell you it was not the most calming sight I was met with once the car came. The driver was in one of those big white plastic suits, as if I was some dangerously radioactive object and they didn't say anything to me once I was in the car.

It was first when I got my first test that I actually was told anything. I had been sent back to the isolation room after my first test and had patiently waited for an answer the kind woman had returned with my first answer. Which was... mildly unsettling but at least I had a second test to take as well.

So let's say when I had informed the boys what my test answer had been there sounded to have been a mild panic in the dorm. All the boys had immediately been driven off to get tested as well, as far as I could understand someone (ahem... Niki) had even cried.

Long story short... my first test was positive.