Hated (4)

August 5, 2021

I quietly sat and and wrote in my lyrics notebook, down in the small producing studio we had been provided with. I had spent a lot of time here beside our practices. The boys had gone off to do who knows what.

A small knock echoed at the door making me hum in return and it creaked open. As it stayed silent I turned around in my chair and looked at Jay, under the shadow of my buckethat.

"Can you come for a moment?" he questioned and I quietly nodded before standing up and following after him.

He wandered down the hallways and in through our practice room before ending in the artist lounge. The other boys excitedly sat and smiled at me as we turned the corner to them. Behind them they had hung up balloons and in front of them where a camera that obviously was streaming the boys.

"Come sit with us," Heeseung excitedly spoke making me just shake my head, "come on! It's your birthday!"

"I really don't want to," I spoke and looked at Jay, almost begging with my eyes to not be pulled over in front of the camera.

"We prepared everything. We even got cake," Jungwon proudly spoke and gestured to a cake standing on the middle of the table.

"Please noona, we wanna celebrate your birthday too," Niki spoke with an excited expression on your face.

I think it must've been clear how hopeless and scared I looked by the way Jay's face immediately softened and he pulled me along with him. He carefully pulled me to the middle seat up front and had me sit down between Sunoo and Jungwon, before he sat down behind me, between Heeseung and Niki.

"Lets take this off," Sunoo stated and grabbed onto the edge of my buckethat.

"No," I shook my head and immediately grabbed onto the buckethat making him give me a puzzled look, "my skin is really bad lately."

"No it's not," Sunoo shook his head at me, "I've done skincare on you nearly every night for the last month," he let out a small laugh before just smiling at me, "come on, it's safe to take it off."

Before I could react Jake had just ripped the bucket hat off of me, making me turn around in shock.

"It's like ripping off a band aid," Jake excused with a wide smile, "see? It was not that bad."

"You didn't wear my gift for you?" Sunoo questioned and I looked down at myself, seeing the usual jeans and sweatshirt I have been living in for some time before just shaking my head at him, "I got this really pretty summer dress, I'll get her into it and post it for her birthday post later today."

"You only got her that because you don't like that she doesn't dress like herself anymore," Sunghoon laughed making Sunoo let out a small huff.

"Because Lily is easily in a better mood if she wears something bright and pretty clothes, instead of my shirts and a pair of loose pants or jeans," Sunoo excused before grabbing a fork and scooping a piece out of the cake and holding it up for me, "taste it, it's really good."

"How do you know?" I questioned making Jungwon turn the cake a bit to reveal a dent in the bottom of the right side of the cake.

"We might've gotten a bit impatient for Jay hyung to get you," Jungwon excused making me let out a small smile seeing how deep the hole was into the cake.

"Try it," Niki urged making me just shake my head.

"I'm not hungry right now, we'll eat it when we're done," I assured him with a small smile.

"Come on, just try this bite we got chocolate cake with strawberry cream just for you," Sunoo urged making me turn to him and just nod before taking the bite he held out to me.