Sasaeng Files (4)

December 2022

I let out a small yawn and rubbed my eyes as I got into the car with Jay, Jungwon and Niki. Even though we've tried the end-year awards period before I still haven't gotten used to it and always felt so knocked out when we finished the filming for those.

In the back of the car Jungwon and Niki had fallen asleep with their heads against one another, meanwhile Jay sat beside me focusing on his phone and what was happening. Meanwhile I quietly sat and stared out the window, watching as the streetlights passed by until we reached the dorm.

"I'll wake them up, you can go in and get some food ready," Jay offered and I just nodded before grabbing my bag and rushing out of the car and up to the dorm.

I unlocked the door and rushed in with my bag to the bedroom and changed into my pajamas before rushing back to the kitchen and began getting out some things to prepare for the dinner. I quietly moved around the kitchen, watching Niki and Jungwon drag their feet by the kitchen once Jay had managed to get them inside. 

After having changed into his pajamas as well, Jay had quickly gotten down to the kitchen to help me prepare dinner. For a while it was only the four of us home, as the other boys had left the venue of the award show a bit later than us.

"Sunoo-ya, come test the ramen!" I yelled out, not earning a reply in return.

In confusion I glanced at Jay, who looked equally as confused as I. We both turned to the door to the kitchen and just saw Sunghoon and Jake standing there, looking quite uncomfortable and awkward.

"Ah... he fell asleep in the car," I nodded at them before they both just shook their heads, "no?"

"I swear we looked away for one second," Jake quickly spoke making me frown at him.

"What do you mean? Where's Sunoo?" I questioned him with a small laugh.

"In the hospital with Heeseung hyung," Sunghoon slowly spoke.

I felt the spoon in my hand immediately slip out of my grip. The sound of it hitting the floor brought me out of my shocked daze, and I immediately ran out of the kitchen and out to the hallway. I barely even managed to slip my boots on before I just ran out of the door.

"Lin! Get back!" a voice behind me yelled, but it soon became too far away for me to hear it.

I was too focused on getting to the hospital fast as possible, I didn't even spare a taxi a thought. I felt that I ran faster than any taxi ever could drive to that hospital. 

As I could see the hospital in front of me I could feel my lungs burning with a plead for me to stop running. All I could think about as I ran towards the hospital was that I hoped it was just because Heeseung had tripped or something at the award show, and he had to get some minor injury checked, and Sunoo just had gone with him. But something in my guts told me I was VERY wrong.

As I reached the entrance of the hospital a familiar figure stood outside, the figure immediately grabbing my shoulders and stopping me from running inside.

"Lin you need to calm down," Heeseung sternly stated, "Jay called me and said you had run off. You need to calm down, everything is alright."

"What happened?" I questioned as I tried to walk towards the entrance, getting pulled back by Heeseung once more.

"Look at me," Heeseung stated and I slowly ripped my eyes off the entrance to the hospital and up to meet Heeseung's eyes, "I promise you, we really watched out for him, but we turned our back on him for one second and he was gone."

"What happened?" I repeated myself again.

"I think only one person can answer that for you... and that is whoever that ex boyfriend of yours is," Heeseung stated and I completely froze, "we only found Sunoo in one of the bathrooms. I have to warn you if you wanna go to him, he is a bit bruised but trying to stay bright and happy."

"He's awake?" I questioned him and he nodded.

"But just know... the doctors thinks that the trauma to his head might've caused him some degree of amnesia, he can remember me and what we've done tonight and such, but they think something might've gotten lost for him, some childhood memory and such," he explained and I slowly nodded.

"Can I see him? I'm really worried," I excused as I stood fiddling my fingers as I continued glancing towards the hospital.

Heeseung let out a small sigh before nodding and softly grabbing my hand, pulling me into the hospital and down some hallways. He stopped outside a door and slowly opened it, revealing a nurse walking around with a clipboard adjusting and checking things.

"Hyung? Are you finally back?" Sunoo's voice spoke making me immediately let out a deep sigh of relief.

"You haven't even seen him yet, just wait," Heeseung stated and I slowly poked my head around the corner and looked at Sunoo.

The only visible injuries I could see was a split lip, a big bruise on the cheekbone under his left eye and his right eyebrow being split, and the faint trails of a nosebleed. Sunoo just smiled at me, making me immediately relax a bit more.

"Who's that you brought?" Sunoo questioned making me immediately look to Heeseung who looked at Sunoo with wide eyes before he looked down at me.

"Could we speak with the nurse first?" Heeseung spoke making the nurse look to us before he just nodded and walked over to us and out on the hallway, "he doesn't remember her?"

"Should he remember her?" the nurse questioned and looked to me.

"She's his girlfriend," Heeseung stated, "fianceé."

"Ah..." the nurse slowly nodded, "it seems like he might suffer from systematized amnesia. Do you happen to have any relation to the person who attacked your fianceé?"

"I- yes," I nodded at him.

"In that case it is very possible that while your fianceé were being attacked he was thinking of you the moment one of the more severe blows to the head had hit him, and therefore the memory of you can  momentarily be wiped out," the nurse explained before looking to Heeseung, "anything else?"

"Momentarily?" Heeseung questioned and the nurse let out a small sigh.

"We normally say momentary when it is significant others that are wiped out of the memory in a systematic amnesia, but we do experience it being permanent more times than it being momentary," the nurse nodded making me slowly nod.

"How long will it be if it is momentary?" Heeseung questioned and gave my hand a small squeeze.

"Anywhere from an hour to a month," the nurse replied before the he slowly opened the door and went back in to Sunoo.

"Lin I-" Heeseung started and I just shook my head and forced a small smile on my lips.

"I think I'll go home now... I'll just say goodbye to Sunoo," I excused before opening the door to the room again.

I just walked in and straight up towards Sunoo who still smiled at me with a warm smile, even though his eyes told me I was nothing but a stranger.

"Who ar-" he started once again, making me immediately cut him off.

"I love you, remember that," I excused and pecked his cheek before turning on my heel and walking back out of the room, straight past Heeseung who just looked at me in shock.

"Lin, hold on, wait a bit!" Heeseung called out and ran after me as I hurried down the hallway, wiping away any tears that was trying to fall from my eyes, "Lin," Heeseung breathed out as he grabbed onto my shoulder and turned me around to look at him.

"Stay with him, okay?" I asked him with a small smile, "I'll go home now... I need to rest a bit. Keep an eye on him and make sure his injuries get better."