Failed Scold

To say the carride home was quiet and awkward would be an understatement. All of the boys was completely silent, only once in a while would someone clear their throat.

Now, I'm not gonna be predicting my own doom and all that, but something is telling me it might've been because of that one performance it was so silent in the car.

Once we arrived at the dorm the other boys had already gotten home and someone was already showering as I walked through the dorm with my bag, going to drop it off in my bunk before I would go out and fetch some dinner.

"Fàn Li Yang, you get into the living room this instant," Heeseung's voice called out making me let out a deep sigh.

"I think right now would be a proper time to play Lukas Graham's 'Funeral'," I muttered to myself before slowly walking over to the door to the living room and poking my head inside, "yes?"

"I think we need to speak with you about something," Heeseung stated making me glance between all of the boys, all seven who looked quite stern.

"Is it bad?" I questioned as I slowly walked into the living room and sat down around the tea table, along with the rest of the boys.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jay spoke making me just look at him in confusion.

"The performance?" I questioned and he nodded, "you knew I wasn't performing 'Very Good' with you, I thought it was obvious that I was doing another performance instead.

"Lets be honest Lin, after all the problems between our debut and January we really thought they had begun excluding you from the group again," Heeseung stated and I slowly nodded.

"But... Yuna asked me to perform with them at the show today. I couldn't really say no," I excused.

"It's not the performance we want to talk about, it was the clothes. You could've said no to that, asked to wear long pants, a proper shirt, anything really," Sunghoon stated.

"Bu-" I started but was immediately cut off.

"Do you have any idea how many comments and posts that are everywhere on social media about you in that stage?" Heeseung questioned making me just sit silent and look at him.

"We're just worried about you reading any of those comments and losing confidence," Jake stated as an excuse and I just nodded at him.

"Wait, hyung... you are aware that she's faking that confidence, right?" Jungwon questioned making Jake look to him in bewilderment, "she don't think she's doing that well in anything."

"Wait, really?" Jake turned back to me and I just nodded at him, "But you literally fit into both boy and girl groups."

"Not really," I shook my head at him, "I fit into boy groups the best."

"What do you mean? You look amazing when you perform with other girls," Heeseung seemed all confused as I just shrugged at him.

"Well... as you said I can't really wear any clothes girl groups do, without getting sexualized," I shrugged, "so in conclusion I fit into boy groups the best."

"This is not really about today's performance, this is much deeper rooted, isn't it?" Jay questioned and I simply shrugged at him, "tell us."

"No, it's fine," I shook my head, "I get your point, don't worry. I'll ask for more conservative clothing if I have to perform with girls in the future... now... can I go wash up?"

"How come we not know you're not confident?" Sunghoon questioned in confusion.

"Because you focus more on protecting me from the outer world," I shrugged.

"I watched her first survival show before I had to go on I-Land, so I knew which mindset I should have," Niki shrugged as an excuse, "she really was expected to finish 1st place, but ending up as 10th place. Everything she was complimented on during that show, she got shamed for once we finished I-Land."

"Pretty much, yup," I nodded in agreement.

"Wait... what did you get shamed for?" Jay turned to me.

"Generally my personality and my charisma on stage," I shrugged, "turns out that females in K-pop are preferred as dolls who should just stand still and have no personality, whereas personality and charisma was the most important thing when I trained in China."

"But loads of female idols have personalities and don't just stand around like dolls," Heeseung stated and I nodded at him.

"But you do see a difference in my personality and theirs when on camera," I pointed out, "they all have a camera personality and I don't."

"Okay... lets... lets forget about this for now," Heeseung slowly stated making me look back at him again, "we love you and we want to keep you safe, so we'll appreciate if we could agree to if you're wearing a crop top on stage you wear long pants. If you were a skirt or shorts you wear a proper shirt on stage, okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded at him.

"Promise," he sternly continued and I just nodded at him, "good... uh... now I think..."

"Sunoo hyung hug her," Niki urged making Sunoo immediately move over and wrap his arms around me, "there. I fixed it."

"Sure you did," I let out a small laugh at him with a small nod.

"Sunoo hyung is the thing that always makes noona happy," Niki proudly stated, "if noona is sad, she either needs a late night trip to the convenience store with me, or to get love from Sunoo hyung."

"What about the rest of us?" Jungwon questioned, sounding slightly offended.

"Well... it makes her smile when you try to look intimidating walking her through the hallways at school," Jay shrugged.

"I am intimidating," Jungwon corrected.

"Try," I corrected him once more with a small smile making him let out a small huff at me, "I'm sorry but your dimple-"

"I know my dimple is making me cute," Jungwon loudly complained before falling back in the couch and over Jake's lap.

"Absolutely adorable," I hummed at him.

"But not more than me," Sunoo immediately insisted making me hum and nod in return.

"Whatever you say."

"I am cuter."

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

"Lin!"

Scolding cuz of kcon