Near Death

December 2021

Jungwon was counting loudly as we all went over the dances once again. Practicing whatever song we agreed on, just to keep remembering them all.

"Noona, you good?" Niki questioned making me stop dancing and look over to him, "you look uncomfortable."

"I just think it's some stiffness in my neck causing a headache," I waved it off with a smile making him just nod at me.

"Here, let me massage it," Jay immediately walked over and turned my head to look down making me immediately wince, "woah... you must be tense if that hurt," he commented as I straightened my neck again and rubbed it.

"Lets just continue rehearsing, I'll sleep it off tonight," I waved Jay off to his spot making him frown at me as he walked backwards to his spot.

"5, 6, 7, 8," Jungwon counted and we all picked up where we had stopped.

We continnued to rehearse until I felt someone grab my shoulder just in time for when my knees buckled under me and everything faded out of sight.

"Woah!" Heeseung's voice called out and I felt myself get lifted off the ground.

"No, no, no, I'm fine," I shook my head as I regained my sight once again and tried to let my feet touch the ground.

"Set her down over here hyung!" Jake called out making Heeseung rush over and sit me down by the wall, using one hand to press my shoulder against the wall behind me, to make sure I'm sitting up.

"You're sure you're fine? You look really bad," Heeseung stated making me let out a small laugh at him.

"I feel like shit," I admitted, "ever had a headache that makes you nauseous... and... uh... throw up like."

"The bin," Heeseung immediately snapped his fingers and pointed to Niki who quickly rushed over and grabbed the bin, which Heeseing placed in my lap in case I was to throw up.

"Her hands..." Sunghoon spoke up making me look down at my hands to see small dark spots on my hands.

"Did you eat shellfish?" Jake looked to me making me shake my head at him.

"Her face isn't puffy," Jungwon stated, "it's something else."

Next thing I know a staffmember is sitting in front of me with a worried look on her face making me frown at her.

"Slurred consiousness," the female staffmember excused to me with a small smile, "you threw up sweetie."

"Ah..." I muttered as I just nodded and leaned my head back against the wall.

"Look... I'm gonna need you to remain calm... I have warned the boys," she started and I hummed, "I'm gonna call and ambulance to come get you. I have a suspicion about you having meningitis, so we need to get you in treatment fast as possible."

"I can't... can't afford," I waved my hand at her in denial.

"We'll pay then," Heeseung spoke up, "no denying it. You'll need the treatment."

"He's right," the staffmember nodded as she dialed a number on her phone.

I must've fallen in and out of unconsiousness again I only caught the beginning of the call and when the staffmember began yelling down the phone.

"What do you mean you won't send an ambulance?! Because she's Chinese and not Korean? I'll have you know she's half-French!" the staffmember yelled out making me lift my head and blink a few times at her, "you listen to me right now. You're sending that ambulance or I'll get the whole healthcare system sued, and yes... with where this girl works it'll be completely possible for us to do this. I don't care if you have anything against her being just one bit Chinese, your job is to save people, and if you don't send that ambulance you might as well just tell her you want her to die."