Cry Me a River

First Pregnancy

I quietly sat in bed, staring at a certain spot on the bedding. I had no idea for how long I had sat in the same spot, I just knew that Sunoo's exact words this morning continuedto replay in my head again and again.

"I promise to come home the moment work is over. I love you and little one."

In a way I wanted him to come home this instant, but at the same time I was scared of him coing home. It felt like my heart had jumped up into my throat as I heard the front door unlock.

"Princess?" Sunoo's voice called out. He had stopped with the 'little' in front of the nickname lately, in case it was going to be a girl. Because then she would be his little princess.

I didn't answer him, I just felt my heart begin beating fast in my chest as I recalled the happenings of this morning before he had gone to work. I had gotten up from bed at three in the morning, with morning sickness, throwing up out on the toilet. Sunoo had realized after about half an hour and had stayed with me out no the toilet for an hour before helping me back to bed as I continued to have stoach cramps. I knew he was worried when he went to work, but I didn't think much of it.

"Lily?" Sunoo's voice called out once again before his head popped into the bedroom, making my eyes immediately look over at him as he just pouted my way, "What's wrong? Who made you like this?"

"I think I need a hug," I whispered making him immediately drop his bag beside him and rush over to wrap his arms around me, softly rubbing my arms and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"What is it? What do I have to do to put a smile back on that pretty face of yours?" he questioned and pushed me a bit away by my shoulders.

"I uhm..." I sighed as I looked beside his head making him immediately cock his head to the side, "I think we might have a problem," I admitted making his gaze immediately follow my own to the red spot on the white bedding.

"Oh..." he slowly trailed off looking back at me again, "that's not supposed to happen, is it?" he questioned and I slowly shook my head, "when did you realize?"

"An hour after you went this morning," I muttered making his eyes immediately widen.

"You sat here for nine hours?" he gasped at me making me shrug, "this is serious Lin!" he exclaimed making me flinch at how his voice suddenly became so loud, "we need to get you to the hospital, right now," he stated and grabbed onto my elbows trying to pull me up from the bed.

"I don't want to," I shook my head in denial as Sunoo continued trying to pull me.

"Lin we need to get you to the hospital, this can cause serious harm to the baby," Sunoo stated making me pull my arms out of his grip.

"There is none!" I exclaimed at him making him pause in his tracks, "there is no baby, Sunoo!"

"What?" he muttered as he just looked at me with wide eyes.

"You know what that means?" I questioned and gestured to the red spot on the bedding, "that means I failed!"

"No... it's nothing, let's get you to the hospital," he urged once again grabbing my arm.

"It's a miscarriage? Okay?" I snapped at him making his face immediately falter. Whether it was because it finally hit him what had happened or because I snapped at him, I honestly don't know.

I continued to just look at Sunoo, feeling my eyes start burning with tears. Sunoo immediately softened as he looked at me before sitting back down on the bed and pulling me back into his embrace, running a hand through my hair as I continued to breathe heavily.

"Lily?" Sunoo softly spoke making me just hum in reply making him let out a sigh, "I still want us to go to the hospital, this is also about you and your body. Okay?"

"I don't want to,"I muttered as I continued to try and bite back my tears.

"Even if... even if we lost the baby this time, we still want to try, don't we?" Sunoo questioned making me just pull my head away and looked up at him, slowly shaking my head, "no?"

"I always lose... I never win," I muttered making sigh before brushing my hair out of my face, "before I know it you're gone too."

"I'm not leaving, Lily... I am not," he shook his head at me, "I promise."

"They always say that," I whispered making him softly tap my cheeks, signalling I had begun letting tears fall from my eyes.

"Then I have to be the first one that keeps that promise," he assured, "I promise Lily... I'm never leaving, but right now I have to take you to the hospital to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong with you. Okay? I'm really worried about you right now... please just let me take you to the hospital."

"Okay..." I muttered with a small nod making him carefully stand up again.

As Sunoo turned back to me again he bent down and pressed a kiss to my forehead, before grabbing onto my elbows and pulling me up from the bed, supporting me as I stood on my feet.

"Lily..." Sunoo trailed off in a soft voice making me nod at him, "I promise I'll stay here to the end of time, and if you want us to try again we'll do that when you're ready, if you don't want us to try again then we won't. Right now... your health is the most important."

I quietly nodded as Sunoo slowly let me out into the hallway and helped me into my shoes and jacket before getting me out in the car and rushing off towards the hospital, with me sitting quietly in the passenger seat, just watching him. I could see he had tears brimming in his eyes, but he didn't let them fall. He was trying to stay strong, and I knew it.

I didn't say anything as he drove the car, I just quietly reached over and grabbed one of his hands in mine, making him immediately pull over as he completely broke down behni the steering wheel. I felt my heart break into a million pieces, there was nothing I hated or despised more than seeing Sunoo cry.

The car filled out with Sunoo's sobs, as his head was leaned against the steering wheel while he continued to cry. I held tightly onto his hand before reaching over and wrapping my other arm around his shoulders, making him turn to cry into my shoulder instead.

"I promise I'll do better," he quietly whimpered against my shoulder.

"You're already doing the best," I assured him as I felt tears begin spilling out of my eyes of the nth time today, "you are the best."