Just Us

Remark: I don't know if this is too soon for some of you, but if it is please tell me. I just though I had hidden this chapter from you for too long <3

---

September 7, 2021

It was quiet in the dorm now that we were only two left. You would think that Sunoo and I spent most of the time as couple's time while the other six was in isolation to recover from getting infected, but we quite literally didn't. We barely exchanged words. I guess our worry for the others filled too much in our world right now.

"No dad... I'm still negative. They said I still have antigenes from when I was sick back in May," I sighed as I rubbed my forehead while my dad kept rambling on the other end of the phone, "yeah dad... Sunoo is fine too, don't worry about him. We're just worried about the others--- yeah we know... okay, okay--- yeah I have their parents' and siblings' contacts, why? --- ah okay okay, I'll pass it on from you. Yep, yeah."

"Still your dad?" Sunoo whispered as he entered the kitchen and I just nodded before my dad finally got the guts to end the call.

The moment my phone was removed from my ear I let out a deep sigh before slumping my head down onto the kitchen table and closed my eyes tightly.

"Worried?" Sunoo questioned and I just nodded as he poured a glass of juice for himself.

I didn't like how quiet it all was so suddenly. I was so used to at least one of the boys going around and singing or two sitting in the living room and playing some video game... if not both at the same time.

"Did you tell him you still had antigens and I have the vaccine?" he questioned and I quietly nodded as I sat up straight and ran both my hands through my hair.

"You can't blame him... his only kid is over 2000 kilometers away and all her second family has caught the virus," I reminded him and Sunoo just nodded.

"I was thinking..." Sunoo sighed deeply, "now we know they're all recovering well enough we could at least rest a bit. So maybe... have some couple's time today. We could put on a movie and make some easy food."

"I'm just worried," I whispered and he quietly nodded at me.

"So am I... but they also don't want us to be worried or sad. Even Sunghoon hyung has been calling me the last few days to tell me we should do a date night and enjoy our time alone," Sunoo remarked and I smiled slightly, "and you know it's serious when Sunghoon hyung don't mind us acting like a couple."

"It's gonna be weird not having him around to make gag sounds when we're couple-like," I whispered and Sunoo smiled softly before nodding at me.

"A relief... then imagine when we move out together," he pointed out and I got an amused look on my face, "what?"

"You really think we'll do that?" I questioned and he just grinned widely, something neither of us had done a lot since the end of August.

"Well, I'm gonna marry you of course. I just need to gather the courage to propose to you," he remarked and I smiled slightly, "you don't think that'll happen."

"If you don't propose, I will do it," I let out a small laugh and he quickly rushed over and sat down beside me reaching over to hold my hand, looking at me with a stern look.

"I'm gonna promise to you right now... before a year has passed you have a ring on your finger, and you bet it was me that asked first," he stated and I just smiled at him.

"Then I'm gonna be the one that says 'I do' first," I retorted making a smile spread on his face, "now... I don't think we need a date night necessarily, but I think we need to actually act like a couple."

"What are you insinuating?" he questioned with squinted eyes, as if I was some sort of suspicious criminal he was interrogating.

"I really need cuddles," I mutterd and he smiled widely before quickly standing up and pulling me with him to the living room, where we both had been sleeping in each our end of the couch, since it was able to fit two people and because we were still a bit paranoid about there being bacterias in the bedroom, from the other boys.

Sunoo laid down in his end of the couch and immediately opened his arms and the blanket before I hesitated to lay down with him.

"Hey... if you go down, I go down," Sunoo softly reminded and I just nodded at him before hesitating again, "you're too worried aren't you?"

"I just... it feels wrong for us to be enjoying ourselves right now when the boys are sick," I mumbled and he just nodded at me.

"Why would it be wrong?" Sunoo whispered as he sat up and grabbed my hands softly, "they told us it at most just felt like a cold, they told us they're recovering well."

"What if they're lying?" I sighed and he quietly hummed as he pursed his lips, "I mean... I lied to Engenes when I caught it..."

"Look... I know you're worried and I get it too, I'm equally as worried as you are," Sunoo quickly spoke, "but you know what I'm also worried about?" he questioned and I shook my head, "I'm worried about us... we haven't been like a couple ever since September started. We've been like strangers with the same worries... I miss you and I miss us. Having some short couple time is tending to our needs as a couple just like sleeping is tending to our needs as human beings."

I sighed quietly before just nodding while he rubbed his thumbs over over the back of my hands, looking up at me with soft and pleading eyes.

"Please, let's just be ourselves together at least this one time, we both need it," he whispered at me before I sighed and let out a small nod once again.

"Okay... but I wanna be big spoon this time," I stated and a small smile spread on Sunoo's face as he pulled me down and closer to him.

"Only if I let you," he let out a small giggle making me smile as well.

I quietly reached over and wrapped my arms around him, nuzzling my head into his chest and inhaling his scent before letting out a deep sigh. This felt nice, warm and comfortable, something I had missed for quite some time.