A Talk About Misogyny

October 18, 2023

I grinned widely as Riki rushed over and placed my plate of dinner down in front of me. For some reason, he had willingly offered to make dinner for me. Even though that dinner only consisted of rmane and a pair of the frozen dumplings my dad had sent us. Yet, if Riki offers to actually make you proper food that doesn't taste like it is poisoned. You accept it. That's what I've learned. Besides, I've cooked for him plenty of times, about time he pay back.

"Noona?" Riki questioned and I hummed, looking up at him while chewing on one of the dumplings, "you used to have a part time job, didn't you?"

"Mhm," I hummed with a small nod, trying to chew off everything before he would finish asking the next question.

"What did you do?" RIki questioned with curiosity and cocked his head to the side. Almost looking like a curious puppy.

"I was a waitress at my dad's restaurant," I reminded him, "took orders out front and served at the tables. Sometimes I would be out washing dishes as well, depending on how busy it was. Why?"

"I never had one... I want to know what it is like," Riki remarked and I frowned before blinking at him a few times. Trying to figure out where that idea suddenly had come from.

"Uhm... it's like a normal job, but only part time..." I slowly trailed off and he just nodded at me, "weekdays was fairly slow and weekends was always too busy for me to only be one waitress."

"Ah," Riki nodded, "but... what was the best thing?"

"When people gave me tips. Didn't happen often, but when it did it was always nice," I shrugged with a small smile, "I used to use all my tip money on snacks and chocolate milk."

"And what was the worst?" Riki continued and I hummed while glancing off with a frown. Trying to figure out what the absolute worse thing was.

"Sometimes male costumers was quite... bad," I shrugged and he nodded, looking at me as if he was waiting for me to go on. I sighed quietly once I realized he was waiting for me to give an example, "I remember one time I was packing down some guy's food down, and he is definitely older than our manager. I know that for sure."

"Old," Riki immediately stated and I chuckled before just nodding.

"But I did that and then... he said something like I could pack myself down as well so he could take me home as well," I waved it off, "pretty creepy when it's that age."

"That's not nice," Riki scrunched up his nose in disgust and I just shrugged before looking at him in amusement.

"I mean... it's not really a job if someone isn't misogynistic towards you," I shrugged and continued on eating.

"But it stopped now, right?" Riki questioned and I paused before looking back up at him. Trying to decipher if he was joking or not. To my surprise he looked like I actually wa sgoing to say it was better. He was not joking at all.

"I'm not gonna lie to you," I decided for myself before looking back at him, "but now it's a lot worse than it was before."

"It is?" Riki gasped and I nodded at him.

"You've seen it. Barely a day goes by without anything," I reminded him and he just looked at me as if I had grown a third head.

I knew by his reaction that he had never noticed nor knew so. He was quiet for the rest or dinner and seemed to be long gone into his own little world.

---

Two Days Later

It was relatively late when I got home, after a whole day in the recording studio, having to record my parts for our next comeback. I was tired and I attempted to be as quiet as possible when I got back home again.