FOUR

"All my troubles on a burning pile,
All lit up and start to smile"
-Mother Mother

Some months later...

Beauxbatons, while rather enchanting, posed a bit of a linguistic challenge for me. My grasp of French was far from fluent, and I often found myself straining to comprehend their lyrical tongue. Nevertheless, the illustrious school had its own unique charm, not to mention its three esteemed houses: Bellefeuille, Ombre lune, and Papillonlisse.

As I navigated my way through these intriguing halls, I discovered that Bellefeuille housed those renowned for their bravery, sensitivity, unwavering loyalty, and profound connection to the natural world. Ombre lune, on the other hand, harbored the cunning, logical, ambitious, and insatiably curious minds. Finally, the Papillonlisse were celebrated for their kindness, maturity, artistic talents, and unshakable idealism.

In the midst of this enchanting setting, I had the pleasure of being sorted into Ombre Lune, where I forged close bonds with Marcus and several other fine gentlemen. Our initial connection sprouted through our shared acquaintance with the Rosier brothers, and this fortuitous encounter blossomed into lasting friendships.

Meanwhile, my dear friend Evan found himself in Bellefeuille, accompanied by two other young gentlemen who shared his house. The diversity among our houses ensured that each day at Beauxbatons held the promise of exciting adventures and stimulating conversations, despite the occasional linguistic hurdle.

"Good day, Malfoy," Marcus greeted me with a distinctly Beauxbatons flair, his voice carrying a refined French accent as he gently embraced my shoulders. The grandeur of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic added an air of sophistication to our conversations.

I let out a sigh, my frustration with the teachers palpable. "I must say, the professors are simply exhausting," I replied, my British accent softened by the French surroundings. "I've never been much for sociability, you know. My attitude and reputation don't quite endear me to them."

The Rosier brothers, ever loyal and mischievous, offered their camaraderie, and I became something of a focal point, ensconced amidst their company. With a self-assured grin, I added, "But then again, when you're surrounded by such fine gentlemen and excel at Quidditch as I do, one can hardly blame the attention."

Aristide, the other Rosier sibling, chimed in, "Indeed, Malfoy, you've got quite the charm."

As we strolled the elegant corridors of Beauxbatons, the scent of freshly baked croissants wafting from the kitchens, the conversation flowed easily among us. "Hey, Malfoy," Marcus inquired, "how did your class fare today?"

I glanced around at the ornate architecture, my heart swelling with gratitude for the camaraderie I'd found here. "Oh, Marcus," I replied with a chuckle, "the class was just another bewildering adventure in the world of magical academia. But with friends like you two by my side, I dare say it's a tad more bearable."

"One of you hook ups started to ask me about you and told me to back off and it really caught me off guard and I really felt the need to say take a turn there are like half of the school girls asking the same thing." We started chatting about his weekly stupidity and how every girl attacked me for living with him or being close to him when I really didn't even care about him in any certain way, I'm too young for this kind of drama.

We went to the Grand Salon to eat something I just grabbed and apple meanwhile Marcus ate chicken like there was no tomorrow. Ev came with the other boys who were nice enough to let me in the group.

There was  Lorenzo who was Italian with greenish eyes, Philip and Louis both Parisiennes, one blonde and another one brunette , Corentin from a little town in the south of France and then us. The uniform was a darker shade of blue suit white button up shirt and black moccasins or flaneurs meanwhile were dressed in a button up shirt a  royal blue skirt  and black heels kinda fancy and formal for uniforms. The boys kept eating and I was just scanning the room to see if I could find  my lovely chocolate chip cookies.  Yes junk food but who cares they're the best and it's my body anyways.