TEN

"The world is a curse
it will kill you if you let it"
-K.Flay

I felt betrayed... I believed he was my friend and that I could trust him because we had a similar situation. I saw the regret on Evan's face when I left but every single other one didn't give a damn. So they pretended... Did everyone see me as an outcast now? Just because they sent me away?

My head spinned around in all my thoughts and the only thing it processed was that this TWO YEARS I've been here they just saw me as a spoiled kid?! A fucking outsider! Wow. So men are that much of a dicks.

When I went back home Mom and dad weren't pleased with what happened. Even though they did see my regretful face they grounded me. I mean what did I expect a sweet welcome back with all partying and stuff? I huffed.

Draco was still in Hogwarts, he won't come back until the end of the year I suppose. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I felt alone, having fake friends, my parents sending me away, Draco ignoring me. What a life, I sighed internally.

It was a long chat with Madam Maximme and my parents about the stuff I have done and why I would be expelled. Dad didn't seem pleased by it and just ignored me arriving home. Home looked grey, no colors, no fun, no Draco... Mom called Dobby to take my stuff to my room. And dad went to work. I went to my room to rest up and think about what happened again and there was a knock on the door.

"Athena?" Mom came into the room with some food.

I was laying on my bed playing with my ring.

"Yes?" I replied not looking at her with no interest.

"I need you to eat, love. I know it's hard but you can't do anything about it. Your father said you will be studying here at home for a while until the year finishes, but you will be accepted in the same grade as Draco. I will tutor you in the mornings with some spells and potions. Oh and do you want Draco to come? Or you know tell him you're home? " she said kind of excitedly.

"No, don't tell him anything. It's not like he will care again..." I said making myself a ball on my old bed.

She frowned and was about to ask when I interrupted. "We aren't in good conditions. I don't want to see him, mom, that's my final answer, so don't try to change it."

I grabbed the plate and start to move the food around. With a sigh she said "It's okay darling just know he is your family and it's always and forever, see you later. Oh and your quidditch stuff is in the usual room." She then stopped at the door and glanced at me sideways "I'm sorry for sending you away, Athena, but I didn't see any other choice." And then she was out of my room.

Silas came out from the cage and went to my wrist. He could look like a bracelet if he kept completely still. "It's you and I little bud, well not that little anymore." I did take Silas to Beauxbatons but I didn't pay too much attention to him because of my schedule but I did take care of him by giving him food and water.

Then my brain brought me flashbacks, Evan and I making pranks, me starting to fall for Marcus, Lorenzo and I making a quidditch match in the great hall, painting Corey's nails, Philip being thrown in the boys bath, the parties with the girls, ughhhh.

Evan's POV

Minutes later from her departure

I am angry. I knew about it but I just didn't want to hurt her. I saw her as my sister. She was nice to all of us or well to the group at least and she didn't deserve the stupid shit those two made.

"You really had to make this mess?! Marcus, she did nothing wrong to you! You were jealous of something that didn't exist!" I screamed.

"It's not your problem Evan! Just get away from here!" He screamed back while he talked to the rest of the guys. He couldn't be more selfish than ever. I stormed off and went to my room. I know he is my brother but his actions are the worst. She was only having fun and he was jealous now she's gone. I wrote her a letter and gave it to my owl to send to the Malfoy manor. I wrote about my brother's actions and that I didn't want to lose my only honest friendship. The other boys were just my friends because of Marcus I didn't make them my own. I had a few classmates I talked to but I knew Athena could be there for me and helped me have fun without having to be in my brother's shadow all the time.

I also sent my mom a letter about what my brother did and that I really didn't want her to be hurt this way. She became my sister the time she spent here. She wasn't nice to everyone but she trusted us with her heart. She was broken and then she looked at me with betrayal. I ended up crying in my mom's arms. She knew how much I adored having someone that kept me company and understood everything. Mom said she would try to talk with the Malfoy family. I loved how she could make me laugh with a word, how she planned every prank. She was someone who was a ride or die and Marcus screwed it.

Mr. Malfoy was here talking with my parents about being sorry for her actions and for the mess she made but I interrupted him.

"She did nothing wrong. She is a good girl but she becomes lonely sir and well my brother started it. It was more my brother's fault." I said defending her. He smiled at me and I felt weird inside. He was always so serious when I saw him working with my dad so I was kind of in panic right now.

"Thank you Evan I will take care of her but maybe she will need company..." I looked at him and then to my mother. Was this the meaning of me going to Hogwarts?

"I told Mr Malfoy here that you were really sad over your friend having to go back to her home and he agreed to let you live in his home for a while. I know how bad you will get to be without someone you considered a sister." She gave me a warm smile and I smiled at her. I hugged her and she brushed my hair with her fingers.

"The elf already packed some of your stuff we will send the rest later on honey. Be careful and be an educated boy, mon coeur." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and Mr. Malfoy took me to his home. He was silent but I was radiating happiness so I didn't give importance to anything else.

"She is probably in her room and my wife can show you where you will stay and take a tour. I've got work to do now. Oh and thanks for caring about her Mr. Rosier I appreciate it." With that he was gone.

The manor was quite sad. I mean it was gigantic but it had no color. "Welcome Evan! I hope you get comfortable here. I will show you around then guide you to her room."

They had a lot of rooms full of antiques. They also had a big ballroom with big windows and golden chandeliers. My room was a little bit old but she said I could decorate it however I pleased. She told me that the room that Athena was in was two doors down. She said her other son's room was the one in front of hers.

I went to knock when I heard a mumble of leave me alone so I went in. "What parts of I said leave me alo- Evan?" She seemed shocked and I scratched my hair.

"Hi I know you don't want to hear me-" she interrupted me with an angered face.

"I don't so why don't you just get out? Or you want to remind me how humiliated I was days ago?" She said harshly.

"I'm sorry, okay? I should have told you about my brothers stupid decision I thought it was meant as a joke because later on he became attached to you and I supposed he didn't say it seriously. It wasn't right of me to not say it to you anyways but I don't want to lose you. You became my sister and I... I was a shadow but when you arrived you became my friend and did not doubt taking me everywhere." I cried to her.

She seemed shocked and then she patted beside her as a sign to sit on the bed.

"I just wanted to be accepted but you made me see that I shouldn't and I was going to tell you I promise but they said rude things and I stayed quiet..." I rambled. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry Athena I should have told you." I told her honestly.

She gave me a sad smile and hugged me. She started to play with my hair and we both drifted to sleep. I had a new beginning here. I didn't want to ruin my only true friendship for a stupid teenager thing.