TWENTY TWO

The next morning I didn't want to wake up early. My bed was so comfortable and cozy, meanwhile, the room was cold just like I loved it. It seemed to be perfect for being lazy and snuggled in bed but I know I would feel weird if I didn't do my routine of going for a run so I stood up and washed my face with cold water to wake up. I changed into a comfortable outfit for running, grabbed my trainers, and went out of the room. The house was silent so I guess it was too early for the boys to wake up so I went to the front door and locked it before running to the gates that kept the house secure.

The weather outside was pretty chill and I enjoyed it a lot. Having sunny days in the morning always bothered me because the sun blinded me or just made me sweat more than normal. There was a path made out of the rock so I decided to follow that as a guide, if I got lost I could just walk back following it without worrying. There were a few houses around but they were a few kilometers away enough to have privacy in each one. And it looked like the Zabini's one was bigger than the other ones. There were a few cute cabins with a farm beside them.
Running down a few more houses I reached the start of a town. It was quiet but some people had already started opening their shops. There was a food place called Rosa's that was open and it looked cute so I decided to make a quick stop. I opened the door and a smell of pastries hit my face.

"Good morning dear! You're the first customer of the day, what can I get you?" A sweet old lady with grey hair and honey eyes greeted me from the back of the cash register.

"Hello, can I get a box of chocolate chip cookies and one of those sweet, cold, crushed ice drinks please?" I asked her.

"Sure sweety coming right up and the name is frappe." She tells me and indicates someone who I guess is in the kitchen room. "So what's a young girl like you awake at this hour? Isn't this vacation time still?" She asks me sweetly.

"Uh yeah, it is I just decided to run to keep in shape and have the condition for next year." I give her a sweet smile.

"Well, that's great honey! But sometimes it's good to have some rest but it's your decision anyway." She smiles and goes to pick up my order. "Here is your box and your drink." She hands it to me and I give her the money and some extra tips.

"Bye, have a good day!" I say waving and walking back to the Lakehouse.

When I arrived everyone was in the kitchen making a mess and by that, I mean trying to make some breakfast. Blaise and Alphard were on the stove burning the eggs and bacon; Evan was judging everyone meanwhile he was cutting up some fruit for what I guess was juice; Cygnus and Theo were making pancake mix with flour on the faces and finally my brother and Adrian who were just sitting at the table doing nothing.

"I go out and this happens? Gosh, boys are so stupid." I say sighing, gaining their attention.

"Finally you're back! You left me with these monsters who don't know how to do anything!" Evan comes to me. "Uh, what is that?" He asks curiously, eyeing what I have in my hands.

"Oh while I was running I ended up in a town near here, and a cute cafe was open. Besides I was thirsty and hungry so I bought myself some cookies and this cool cold drink that I think the old lady said the name is frappe." I say slurping the exquisite thing in my hands.
"And you didn't bring anything for us?! ¡Boo you whore!" Blaise shouted, puffing in annoyance.

"Well I didn't think you would be awake right now, to be honest, and maybe with this you can wake up with me up with me and go for a run instead of burning the house down," I say shrugging.

"No thanks I think I prefer my beauty sleep," Blaise says, and the other ones kind of agree by shrugging and nodding.

"Fine by me then. So what's with the roasted bacon? Poor chicken and pig deserved a better life." I say chomping on my cookies.

"Well, we can't use magic outside of Hogwarts yet so hand-made food is the only solution or finding muggle stuff as you seem like the other option," Alphard says tired of roasting what was supposed to be the eggs.

"Y'all didn't think of calling one of the elves? Dumb people really." I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. "Draco you'll call Polly I don't care. Y'all want to eat there it is. I'm going to change, adieu." I say walking up the stairs now.

After I clean myself up I put on a swimsuit and an oversized shirt on top, I put my hair up in a ponytail and grabbed a towel to dry myself up after. I was really wanting to go for a swim outside in the sun. Before I go out of my room I hear a faint knock on the door.

"Yes?" I ask signaling they can come inside or open the door.

Draco comes into my room not looking at me and says, "Polly asks if Ms. Malfoy wants anything to be prepared before her departure back home today."  He repeats Polly's words mockingly.

"Tell her to leave me some chopped-off veggies and roasted chicken," I tell him, looking at him from the mirror.

"Yeah whatever, where are you going?" He asks realizing I have my towel in hand.

"I'm going for a swim if the other savages want to join feel free to do so," I say grabbing a body cream and my sandals.

"You're only on a shirt! And there are boys outside put on some pants or a short." He says grumbling.

"Oh, dear brother I don't really care besides I can hit them in the face or you so whatever." I walk out of the room with Draco trailing behind me. I go down the stairs and arrive at the back door that leads to the lake but I hear a noise behind me.

"Eyes off of her everyone mostly you Parkinson, and Pucey." Draco barked at them.

I reach the deck and begin to settle my stuff down. I extend my towel on the floor and leave my cream so the wind doesn't blow it away.

"What's the fun in swimming? It's pathetic."Draco huffs.

"Well, I for sure didn't ask you to come remember? You voluntarily decided to follow me outside." I tell him rolling my eyes.

"Whatever, it wasn't me who decided to go out in a big shirt only in a house full of boys." He crosses his arms in annoyance.

"Well, what do would you have wanted me to do to take off the shirt too?" I comment snarkily.

"No." He huffs.

"That's what I thought. Now if you'll excuse me I'll have fun swimming as teenagers do." I say taking off my shirt do my ponytail off annoying Draco more because of how overprotective he becomes even if we are still not on good terms.

I jump in the cold water and stay under for a few seconds more enjoying the silence water brings until I hear a loud splash and I'm being pulled upwards. "The hell I wrong with you!" I say shaking off his arms.

"I thought you were drowning you stayed long seconds down there and I- I just thought-" he says stuttering.

"Oooh, you care for me so adorable. But I'm perfectly fine I was enjoying the silence but look now you're in the water with your soaking wet clothes." I say laughing at his now disgusted face. While I keep laughing he takes the opportunity to splash my face and get water in my mouth. "Draco!" I say spitting out.

"Not that funny anymore is it?" He smirks triumphantly.

We keep splashing water and laughing at each other for quite a while until we ended up tired and we kind of called it a truce, even though I splashed him at the end of it. We went back inside and everyone stared at us weirdly because just yesterday we were fighting and ignoring each other's existence and now we were wrapped up in a towel, Draco in drenched clothes and I was shaking.

The Malfoy twins are back.