SIX

"Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds
but my gravity is centered."
-The Neighborhood

In the hallowed halls of Beauxbatons, my fellow students often regarded me as a bit of a rogue, a rebel, if you will. They'd cast their glances upon me, their eyes filled with that distinct British skepticism. And, truth be told, I rather reveled in it. For you see, I am a bit of a madcap, and perhaps even more so than that, but it's hardly my fault that some of these chaps insist on living like royalty. My inclinations lean more towards rule-breaking and good times with the chaps, you see.

Now, my academic pursuits, they're another matter entirely. Despite what the stuffy professors might think, my penchant for rebellion does not correlate with my commitment to my studies and Quidditch. I take great pride in excelling academically, even if it does manage to rub almost every teacher in this school the wrong way. They begrudgingly acknowledge my intelligence and the diligence I exhibit in fulfilling my responsibilities. As for the lot of them, well, it's hardly a mystery; they're likely preoccupied with romantic entanglements.

As I strolled through the opulent Beauxbatons campus, a voice called out, "Oh, Malfoy!" It was a girl, and while I may not be the most sociable with the fairer sex, my upbringing had instilled in me the importance of politeness.

"Yes?" I responded with a genteel tone, my curiosity piqued.

She approached, proffering an invitation, "Um, you see, a few of us girls were thinking of throwing a soirée in our common room, and we thought you might fancy joining us. Here's your invitation. Most of the others were too timid to ask, but I decided to take the plunge. Farewell for now!" With that, the blonde girl scampered away. A party, you say? I couldn't possibly decline such an invitation; it sang to my very soul. I would have to notify the lads so we could make a grand entrance together. Off I went in search of my comrades, only to stumble upon Marcus and a young lady in an intimate embrace.

"Good gracious, Marcus! At the very least, kindly see to it that the door is properly locked," I exclaimed in a prim and proper British accent, swiftly averting my gaze to spare their modesty.

The young lady, however, appeared considerably less amused, responding with a haughty tone, "And pray, who do you believe yourself to be?"

I pivoted back around to regard her, wearing an expression that clearly conveyed my disbelief. "Colette, do be sensible and depart," I implored, my tone carrying an air of disapproval.

"Oh, are you truly going to remain with this dreadful individual?" she retorted, infusing her words with a theatrically dramatic flair.

"What did you just call me? Because, as far as I am aware, the true rubbish in this room is you, my dear. Shouldn't you consider whether your paramour might be interested in the sights I've just witnessed?" I smirked, thoroughly relishing her shocked reaction. Before she could retort, Marcus intervened, quelling her protests.

"Just go, Colette!" His voice was icy as he smoothed his disheveled hair and retrieved his clothing.

"Indeed, Marcus, her? Could you not have selected a less vexing companion this week?" I declared, dramatically draping myself across a nearby chaise longue.

"One, oh, come now, are you quite vexed because you couldn't secure more affectionate gestures? My, my, such a pitiable plight," I taunted him.

"Silence, Athena," he replied irritably.

"Oh, do hush," I chortled at his exasperated response.

"Yes, yes," he attempted to intimidate me with a menacing glare, which only served to amuse me further.

"Do you realize, old bean, that you've just engaged in a most unsavory activity by smooching her? It's rather repulsive, being enclosed in this room teeming with her microscopic companions. Non merci. Besides, a thorough dental cleansing would be most prudent at this juncture. You're positively contaminated, my friend, or perhaps a shower wouldn't go amiss either," I chuckled at his bewildered expression.

"Oh, come now! Don't be so melodramatic."

"You ought to disinfect that immediately; I have no intention of occupying that revolting spot," I exclaimed with disgust.

"Aye aye, captain," he mockingly quipped, playing along with the charade.

"Are we going to the party of the Papillonlisse? I've heard it's going to be good" I looked at him with a pleading look.

"Sure I think the boys wanted to go too so they will be here later, and Lorenzo and Lou were searching for drinks you know." He explained.

"Okay so you will help me choose my outfit then." I smiled at him.

"I mean sure I am not that much of help but ok. "

We went to my room so I could throw all my clothes everywhere. I took a blue dress and went to change. I came out and he shook his head, then I came out with a skirt and top another no, black jeans and a top another no.

"Oh come on but it's classy!" I said to him.

"Yes but you need to stand out, remember?" He said dramatically like a fashion diva.

And well that's true he had a point, I searched around again and remembered a dress I had from one of my many shopping trips in America. I grabbed the dress and wore it with some black heels, and some silver jewelry.

"Yes! That's the one!" He screamed at me. He kept hyping me up and I stared at my figure in the mirror.

"Okay now it's your turn to bring me clothes!" I told him.

He grabbed either casual clothes or formal clothes so I made the outfit. He would wear a white button up shirt with grey jeans and if he got cold or something a black leather jacket and some black shoes. My outfit was an emerald green silk dress with thin straps, black heels, black leather jacket and accessories. The black leather jackets were obviously to match those basic people.

I started to do my hair and makeup and little by little the other boys started to arrive. I told them about how we could wear all the matching jackets and it was no option so they went back for it. I made some loose curls and my makeup was black eyeliner with a bit of contour, blush and highlight. The boys changed while I did my nails. They all looked quite good and they were chatting about what happened earlier.

"So basically Malfoy walked in the room meanwhile you and Colette..." Philip said.

"No! We were just kissing..." He shied away and kept trying to avoid the conversation and the stares he was receiving.

"If that would have happened I wouldn't be wanting to take out my eyes that badly." I told them standing up to check myself in the mirror and damn was I hot or was I hot.

They all laughed and we stood up. We started heading to the dorms of Papillonlisse, we were quite late, if I could say but we could get a great entrance. I was walking in the middle of them so they looked like my body guards as always.

We went in and we looked for a spot. We spotted a couch beside the dance floor and we sat there. The boys took out the bottles out of a kind looking bag they brought and started drinking.

"Malfoy! Want some?" The eldest Rosier said. I shook my head signaling I was fine without drinks.

The place started to reek and the boys scattered around I didn't really know where but I didn't really payed attention to it. I went to the dance floor to loosen up not really wanting to stand up and do nothing. As more girls came they started to include me so I didn't feel the need of being tensed or worried, their names were Chloe, Fleur and Sasha, they started to dance with me, some boys came and started to dance. I didn't really pay attention to who came in, I was just enjoying myself.

I was handed a drink which wasn't what you think and until later I felt the party getting better. Then I spaced out and feIt like I wasn't even on this planet, I felt someone come behind me and started to dance really close, the girls started to join while I moved my hips and kept going.

We kept dancing the whole night and more people came and like that I wasn't really thinking anything but I kept hearing the music.

This was fine as my first time on a party out of my home.