TWENTY EIGHT

My brother, in the aftermath of a harrowing encounter with a winged creature, awoke in a state of agitated disarray

My brother, in the aftermath of a harrowing encounter with a winged creature, awoke in a state of agitated disarray. His impassioned demands echoed through the corridors, insisting on our father's immediate presence within the school or, at the very least, the swift arrival of our mother to "alert" the castle about the perilous nature of the winged creature.

The urgency of the situation prompted our mother to hasten to Hogwarts, her arrival marked by a torrent of exclamations directed at Professor McGonagall. She expressed her vehement concern about the potential consequences if news of my brother's injury reached the ears of the Ministry. Hagrid, in his gruff and earnest manner, attempted to explain the events that had transpired, but his words were drowned out by the torrent of my mother's fury.

In the midst of this chaos, Pansy, ever loyal to my brother, positioned herself at his side. She inquired after his well-being, gently caressing his injured arm with a tenderness that stood in stark contrast to the tempestuous atmosphere. On the other side of the spectacle, Theo and Zabini joined forces with Evan, their amusement evident as they observed Pansy's exaggerated display of concern.

The door burst open with a resounding slam, and my father entered, his stern countenance reflecting a mixture of concern and irritation. Dumbledore followed him at a measured pace, his eyes twinkling with a hint of understanding.

"I want the stupid creature dead," my father declared, his demand echoing through the room. Hagrid, taken aback, nearly popped his eyes out at the sudden intensity of the request. Dumbledore, calm and collected as always, interjected with a measured response.

"Lucius, perhaps we should discuss this matter with a cooler head. There might be other ways to address the situation without resorting to such drastic measures." His words, like a soothing charm, attempted to diffuse the tension that hung thick in the air. And so, within the stone walls of Hogwarts, a familial drama unfolded, accompanied by the ever-present undercurrent of magical intrigue.

"Lucius, it's just a creature. Perhaps if Draco had heard the instructions before making a tremendous decision, he wouldn't be in the hospital wing right now," Dumbledore asserted calmly, attempting to inject rationality into the heated atmosphere. However, we all knew that such logic might fall on deaf ears when it came to my parents.

"It's just a living thing, and you want to kill him because your child didn't listen!" Hagrid's voice boomed with a mix of fury and disappointment, his loyalty to magical creatures evident in every word. My father, in response, clenched his jaw, a silent acknowledgment of the brewing tension.

"I'll report this to the Ministry department. You'll expect a note later for this," Hagrid declared defiantly, leaving no room for negotiation. As my father gave me a nod, signaling for me to follow, I rose from my seat and trailed behind my parents.

As we walked away, my father's stern voice cut through the air. "I want you to claim the creature did attack your brother purposely." His instructions hung in the air, and without waiting for my response, he continued on his way. I rolled my eyes, familiar with the game of appearances that played out within the wizarding world, and turned to my mother.