THIRTY-THREE

Cause that's just the way of the worldIt never ends 'til the end, then you start againThat's just the way of the worldThat's just the way of the world

It never ends 'til the end, then you start again
That's just the way of the world

Thumbs -Sabrina Carpenter

"Blimey, how long are we going to twiddle our thumbs waiting for Zabini and Parkinson to grace us with their presence?" Evan exclaimed, his anticipation for the day ahead palpable.

"They're both so incredibly extra, I can't fathom why you're pretending not to know that," I replied, a touch exasperated as we stood before the Floo Powder chimney.

"Athena's got it spot on. Those two might as well be twins, what with their diva-like antics, dramatic flair, excessive flirting, and their unique, irritating qualities," my brother chimed in, shaking his head in shared annoyance.

Draco and I exchanged knowing glances, but our mother's voice broke the moment, a tone of gentle reprimand in her words. "Draco and Athena, please mind your manners in front of your father. He might not show it, but he's made a sincere effort by offering to take you all along."

Narcissa's reminder tempered our comments, and we nodded in agreement, understanding the importance of our father's gesture, even if he didn't wear his enthusiasm on his sleeve.

"I'm delighted that both of you are joining us and staying with us. I couldn't bear to leave you alone, especially with your father's recent misbehavior," Mum said, her gaze affectionately resting on my cousins. Alphard responded with a sweet, appreciative smile, and Orion nodded his thanks.

"Blaise, couldn't you have arrived on your own? I loathe being seen with you," Pansy's voice cut through the air.

"No, I couldn't," Blaise retorted, his tone holding a hint of annoyance. "It's far too humiliating to make such an entrance!"

"Speaking of them, they've finally decided to grace us with their presence!" My brother chimed in, his expression a mix of irritation and disdain as he glared at the pair.

Mum, sensing the tension in the room, attempted to defuse it with a warm smile. "Let's not dwell on this, shall we? We're all family here, and you're going to have a lovely time together."

"Have all of Draco and Athena's friends arrived?" My father chose this moment to make his entrance, his voice resonating through the room. Startled, we all turned toward him, startled by his sudden appearance.

My mother, her eyes filled with excitement, hurried to his side. "Yes, darling. The only one missing is Theodore Nott, who mentioned he'll meet you all there," she replied serenely. Dad nodded and took a step forward, joining us.

"Ah, it's a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Malfoy," Pansy and Blaise chimed in unison, extending polite greetings. Pansy, however, couldn't hide a flicker of disdain as she playfully nudged him in the ribs.