33'

𝟑𝟑' 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐨𝐧

꧁꧂

In the courtyard, Hayley and Wanda are eating fruit and other breakfast foods from a basket when Klaus and Kol came downstairs to join them. "So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asked making Wanda chuckle as Kol joined her side.

"It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this." Klaus said, Wanda looked at Kol "Not me either darling." he told her making Wanda furrow her brows.

"Guess we have Elijah to thank then." Hayley mumbled as Elijah walked in joining them, "This wasn't my doing." the older Mikaelson said confused. Wanda and Hayley frowned, "Then who's all this from?" the Maximoff girl asked.

The silver lid on the platter starts to rattle, startling Hayley, Elijah, and Wanda. Kol stands protectively next to Wanda. Klaus looks uneasy when he lifts the platter, which releases two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the three to reflexively duck. They all look puzzled and nervous.

"What the bloody hell is that?" Kol asked, Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. It reads, 

Dinner, Your Home, 8PM

"An invitation from our mother." the hybrid revealed, Kol stiffened at the mention of Esther which Wanda noticed.

Klaus and Elijah stared at each other in concern.

Kol turned and went back upstairs earning puzzled faces from his siblings, Wanda awkwardly smiled before running after him. She found him pacing in her bedroom.

"Kol" she called out but it was like he was in his own world, "Kol" the girl tried again. "Kol!" Wanda finally shouted, the Original turned his head in her direction.

"What's wrong?" she asked slowly approaching him, Kol was getting angsty, which was never good. He pulled the girl towards him as he placed his head in the crook of her neck, by now he knew this girl was his anchor. The only person capable of keeping him grounded. The vampire didn't want to know what would happen if he ever lost her...

Wanda ran her hands through his hair knowing how much it calms him. "You can tell me what's wrong" the girl softly and gently said. "Mother paid me a visit." Kol mumbled, Wanda's eyes widened, she gently pulled back from him even if she immediately missed his touch.

"What did she want?" she carefully asked him not wanting to push him, Kol sighed before grabbing her hand, sitting Wanda next to him on the bed.

Kol lightly traced designs on her hand before beginning to talk, "She wanted me to join her side." he sighed, Wanda gestured for him to continue "I went to cemetery where she wanted to see me, she tried to turn me against my brothers, told me that she could rebirth me as a witch." Kol revealed.