37'

𝟑𝟕' 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭

꧁꧂

Klaus, Elijah, and Kol were sat at the dining room table as was Kaleb and Finn who were still bounded by the shackles. "Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah, Kol and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire, Esther." Kaleb rolls his eyes, and Finn just looks bored "Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" Klaus announced, Kol almost scoffed at the absurd idea his older half brother said.

"Well..." Kaleb started as he reached for the plate of pastries with his shackled hands, but Klaus pulls it away from the witches reach. The young witch sighs and rolls his eyes. "So, why are you helping my poor excuse for a mother." Klaus asked him.

"It's not like I willingly volunteered to become a part of your messed up family schemes, mate." Kaleb said, "But if all you wanted was my allegiance against your mother dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall." the witch complained.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply." Elijah casually said. Kol looked at his older brother with wide eyes at what he had just said. Kaleb audibly gulped.

Klaus laughed and stood up, "We've... we've no desire to torture you." He stands behind Kaleb and Finn and squeezes their shoulders with his hands "Provided you vow to stand beside us!"

Finn shrugs out of Klaus' grip, "Brothers... Does that word even apply to me, or even Kol? After all these centuries of betrayal?" He glances backward at Klaus "And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister, Rebekah?"

Klaus, whose back has been turned to him, is clearly nervous and suspicious, but laughs fakely to cover for it before he turns to face them, "Heh! You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?" he asked.

Finn becomes frustrated "She was trying to make you mortal again!" Elijah grabs a knife off the table, clearly suspicious and annoyed by Finn's words "And, you three refused her." Finn laughs darkly  "It only proves how far you've fallen. But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."

Elijah became furious "Rebekah is off-limits to you. You pursue her, and you will suffer."

Finn and Kol both look surprised by Elijah's outburst, as does Klaus. Kaleb was just eyeing the pastries.

Klaus spoke to Elijah, "Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he, nor Esther, will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found." He turns to Finn "And she does not." he snaps at him.

"Esther is quite determined. She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time." Finn taunted.

Elijah completely loses his temper, grabs Finn by the collar, and slams him onto the table before vamping-out and feeding on him.