Chapter 22

The sun started to set over the horizon leaving an auburn hue to the school, Akademi High. The final bell had rung dismissing class for the day. The sounds of papers shuffling and the light chatter of students echo throughout the halls.

Riku Soma began to pack his things into his bag. He was different than he was weeks ago. He changed his hairstyle to slick back one. Wore non-prescription glasses and even got his right ear pierced where currently laid a silver earring. He did this all for the affections of one girl whom he desired for so long.

"Remember students, we have a test tomorrow so study hard." The brunette haired teacher says as she stood in front of the chalkboard erasing the chalkboard.

Riku stood up from his seat with his book bag hanging from his shoulder and left the classroom. The hallways began to pour with students and their light chatter. Riku made his way down the hallway with an occasional few waves of goodbyes to his departing classmates.

Nervousness began to creep down his spine as he neared to the back door of the school. He tighten his grip on the strap of his book bag as he saw the backdoor only a meter away. He opens the school's backdoor and was immediately met with the shining glare of the afternoon sun. He puts an arm up to shield his violet eyes and made his way to the cherry blossom tree that laid on a hill not too far from the school.

His heart started to beat rapidly as he walked up the hill. The grass crunched under his heavy footsteps as he ventured upwards. When he got to the top he paused for a moment when he saw a girl leaning peacefully against the tree.

Her purple trills, her elegant violet eyes and petite frame seem to soak in the beautiful sunset. Her pink lips were parted slightly and her hands were behind her back. Her pink book bag laid against the old tree. The girl standing there was no other than Kokona Haruka.

Riku gulped as he took in the sight of the beautiful girl before him. She was absolutely stunning, a girl that looked like pure royalty. Her purple eyes glanced over at him and a small smile appeared on her face.

"Soma-kun, hello." She says politely as she took a few steps over to him. Her hands now at her side.

"H-Hello, Haruka-San...thank you for meeting me here.." Riku replies flustered as he averted his eyes from her to gather himself for a second.

"Its no problem... but I can't stay long...I have to be somewhere soon." Kokona says as she looks down, her smile wavering a bit.

"D-Don't worry, I'll make it quick." Riku stammers as he went into his pocket and produced a white envelope with a heart sticker nicely placed at the seal. "H-Here...this is for you.."

"Huh...?" Kokona cocked her head to the side before slowly reaching out to the letter and taking it from him. When she got a closer look at the envelope her purple eyes widen and her face flushed red. It was obvious she was just given a love letter from Riku. That signature heart sticker told it all. Riku fancied her and it caught the purple-trilled girl off guard.

"S-Soma-kun" Kokona says softly as she glanced up at the timid boy in front of her.

"I...really like you...Haruka-san, I liked you for a long time..." Riku replies, nervously adjusting his glasses.

"....." Kokona was silent as she dropped her gazed at the envelope firmly in her hands.

A gentle wind blew against the sakura tree making pink petals flutter around them. Riku's eyes laid intently onto Kokona's as he took in the scene of the flushed girl with dancing petals surrounding her. It was a breathtaking sight.

Silently, Kokona took a few steps more until she was in front of him. Riku watches her as he anticipated her response. Without saying anything, Kokona placed the letter back into his hands. Riku's eyes widen at the gesture.