Chapter 33

"Young man, you need to leave this room immediately, it is not visiting hours." A nurse clad in white says sternly to Budo.

Budo was currently in Ayano's hospital room surrounded by vibrant flowers and cards. She had been treated all night by the doctor since she had been showing signs of strained breathing. But she was fine now with the doctor's care and seem to be feeling much better. Budo couldn't bare being apart from Ayano any longer so once the doctor had left he simply went into the bed with her and held her hand. He saw it as an innocent gesture, but of course the nurse walking in didn't.

"Keh, if I'm not by her side when she wakes up she'll panic." Budo says glaring at the nurse. He wasn't lying, Ayano would definitely panic once she woke up.

After the whole Satoru Orochi incident, he had developed a distaste for hospitals like Ayano did. Everything bad that happen to them seem to start at one. Although they weren't in the same hospital where that deranged doctor worked, Budo knew if she were to wake up alone in one, she would be terrified and try to escape. Budo was saving these nurses some trouble by staying with her.

"I don't care, it is our job to take care of the patient and you'll only be in the way. Leave before I call security."The nurse threatens and crosses her arms firmly.

Budo just clicked his tongue at this, he couldn't afford being kicked out of this hospital, Ayano would need him once she wakes up. So for her sake he would play nice...for now.

The Martial Arts Leader leaned over to Ayano and kissed her cheek while squeezing her hand. He silently vowed he'll come running back as soon as the nurse left and with that he got off the bed. The nurse glared at him as he walked past her and then out the door. As soon as he was in the hallway the nurse slammed the door shut behind him. 

"I hate Hospitals." Budo growled in irritation.

"I never thought I hear that from our optimistic leader." A voice says coming down the hallway to him.

"Ah! Sho." Budo quickly turns and greets his friend, his attitude shifting automatically. "What are you doing here?"

Sho simply hands him over the morning newspaper with a picture of Ayano and Budo hugging behind the blazing restaurant on the front cover. "The media really likes you guys."

"Eh..!?" Budo quickly snatches the paper from him and felt himself blush at the picture. Budo didn't see any news reporters last night but then again he wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings at the time. So much for privacy.

"Yeah, in the article it says that Aishi-san...is a hero..."Sho says lowly with narrowed brown eyes. "I'm surprised the media didn't jump on the story when she almost strangled me to death..."

"Sho..."Budo didn't know how to respond to that statement. It was still evident that Sho held some resentment towards her and Budo couldn't blame him for being mad, Ayano did  try to hurt him. Budo felt slightly torn between his friend and the person he loved.

"But...I see that Ayano's changed a bit...I never would have expected her to save a person." Sho says looking up at Budo. "Though it still doesn't change the fact that she hurt me."

"Yes, I know..."Budo mumbled sadly in agreement.

"A-Anyways, you didn't call me back man." Sho says trying to lighten the mood upon seeing Budo's crestfallen expression. After all it wasn't his fault that Ayano attacked him.

"Ah sorry, we were at Oka's place....catching up on homework." Budo lied knowing that exorcising a demon within his body sounded too farfetched.

"Oka, that weirdo?" Show says with a confused expression on his face.