Chapter 7

Ayano never went back to the principle's office that evening, instead, she had went to the police station herself to answer out all the officers question then was let go. In the end, Budo was never able to catch her which didn't surprise him since this wasn't the first time she had escaped him.

Budo stares dully at his closet full of casual clothes as nothing struck him as date material. He was preparing for tonight's date with his friend Mina Rai. Budo briefly glances over at his room door located down the corridor. In all honesty Budo had not entered his room since yesterday he's been sleeping on the couch ever since and he didn't mind. Constantly, he felt his ears ringing with the sound Ba..dump...Ba..dump each time he dared to go near or pass that corridor. He was tired of it.

Budo picks out a casual outfit decent enough for his date and closes the closet door shut. He then throws the outfit over the couch for later and checks the time. He had another hour before school would start, he walks over to the couch and decides to watch some TV and relax. After flicking through multiple channels Budo's mind began to drift off, he wondered what he would have for lunch today, he wondered about his date with Mina, then he wondered about Ayano. He felt sudden dread overcome him just thinking of yesterdays events.

"You liar...you...you.."

"You....YOU SAID YOU BE THERE FOR ME!"

"I thought we were friends."

Budo immediately felt is hands clench into fists, he had let her down all because he was scared of putting her danger, he was a terrible friend to her. He needed to set things right again before their friendship would be beyond repairing. Suddenly, Budo hears his laundry finish from the other room and remembers that Ayano had stayed the night, even though she had taken her clothes back she had forgotten to take her red bike from outside. Now was his chance.

When the time was right Budo threw on his school uniform and grabbed his book bag. He left the apartment and spotted Ayano's red bike still at the bike rack. He goes up to it and unchains the bike letting it roll off from the rack. Budo, remembering that Ayano's house wasn't too far away from where he lived rode the bike there. He was determine to set things right again.

_________________________

"I'm useless...." Kokona Haruka mutters softly as she stares absently at the ground of the basement floor. Ayano smiles at her zombie-like state and unties the ropes binding the purple haired girl. Once she was free Ayano could see deep, dark red circles embedded around Kokona's ankles. She smiles at the beautiful grotesque sight in front of her knowing how much Kokona had struggled in her attempt to escape. Ayano helped the broken girl up onto her feet.

"I have a task for you, if you do it well you are free to go." Ayano says looking into Kokona's dull eyes.

"I'm....useless..." She replies softly again.

Ayano goes into her skirt pocket and reaches for Oka's picture when a sudden thought struck her mind. She releases the picture and she narrows her charcoal eyes.

"Actually....there's someone at the school you may know..." Ayano begins with a bitter smile spreading across her face.

_____________________________________________________

Budo stops the bike in front of Ayano's house and leaves it in her driveway. He then walks up to her front door and knocks.

".........."There was no reply, Budo waits for a couple of minutes more before deciding on knocking again. As a couple of minutes pass Budo was about to knock on the door when it opens just a crack.