Chapter 9

Ayano laid on the patients bed resting peacefully. She had experience something she prayed she would never experience again, being trapped in the 'Middle' with a demon after her skin really put a toll on her body and her mind.

When she was trapped the only person she could really think of was Budo rather than her Senpai. It was only natural though, Budo's voice did save her life but she would of much rather preferred if it been Taro's beautiful voice. In her slumber she could feel the stretching pain in her heart each time she thought about Taro, she almost felt hopeless knowing her love was unrequited yet she thought she could always change that. Was it still possible to do that though? Ever since she had escaped her death she couldn't get those thoughts out of her mind. Was her love for him waning? She felt it wasn't as strong as it was before but perhaps that would change when they would finally be together. Taro was the source of her happiness after all.

"....It's a miracle." Saki murmurs while stroking Ayano's midnight hair. "I really think she came through because of you Masuta-kun. You really are a great friend to her."

"...You think so...?"

"Of course, even the doctors believed it was too late to save her but you...you didn't give up hope." Saki turns to Budo and smiles gratefully towards him.

"Thank you, Saki-san" Budo smiles and looks down towards Ayano's sleeping face. She was very peaceful when she was sleeping like she had no problems in the world. "You know I'm very grateful for that night..."

"Huh...?" Saki looks at him questionably.

"I remember I was taking a walk around town to get my mind off of things I was pretty stressed out due to my parents high expectations for me, it really got to me that night." Budo says with his bangs shadowing over his eyes. "I decided to take a different route than my usual one and that's when I found her. She was defending herself from a delinquent who was brandishing a knife, Ayano looked so fragile at the time that I stepped in and stopped the delinquent. I never thought her and I ...would be this close afterwards it I had decided to take the usual route that I did I don't know what would of even happened that night."

"...Heheh...its sounds to me like you're her savior." Saki replies. "...I wish I could of been Kokona's savior.." Budo could see her hands clench into tight fists and regret in her cyan eyes.

"You are her savior, you prevented a crime she would have regretted her entire life." Budo says patting Saki's head. "You will see her soon, I know it!"

"...Thank you..." Saki gives Budo a smile and judging by her face she looked better.

A thought suddenly crossed Budo's mind and he quickly looks at the time. It was almost time for his date with his friend Mina Rai. He looked back at Ayano with a worried look on his face.

"You should go..." Saki says noticing Budo's urgency. "You did a lot for today I will stay with Ayano until the word gets to her parents."

"...Tell her I'll be back!"

Budo looks at Ayano one last time and leaves the room reluctantly. He didn't want to let down Mina again nor Ayano but Ayano needed her rest and Mina needed him. He quickly dashes out of the hospital to see if he could get to the bus in time.

Saki looks down at Ayano with worry in her cyan eyes. She then glances out the window showing a beautiful sunset that will surely turn to darkness with some time.

"I wonder what tonight will hold."

_______________________

Mina Rai waits in the Ramen Shop continuously looking at her reflection and tucking in strands of hair behind her ear. The owner apparently knew Budo and sat her down in one of his finest table with a view of the beautiful sunset. Mina was excited for this date, her and Shima immediately went on a shopping spree after school when Budo had accepted the date. Mina had picked a red dress with a big lacy ribbon on one of her straps with matching shoes with ribbons on top. Shima had done her hair in a cute bun and added a red sparkling clip to the side of her head. She was ready for this date, she was especially ready to see what Budo would be wearing and how he looked. She gushed at the idea that they could possibly share their first kiss here and that maybe it was a start for something more.