Chapter 29

"W-What do you mean she was discharged...!" Satoru Orochi growled in disbelief.

Satoru was currently being treated by nurse Cherry. After Ayano had smashed his face with a food tray he was knocked for about an hour and eventually came to. The impact caused deep purple bruises to circle around his face and worst of all he had lost a front tooth. When he gazed into the compact mirror the nurse gave him all he could see was a pathetic doctor and who had failed miserably, his missing tooth would be a reminder of that.

"W-Well, her parents came in and took Ayano-chan out of our care. I don't know how they we able to get her out since she was deemed mentally unstable...but she's gone now and hopefully she can enjoy her life." Nurse Cherry replied as she gently placed an ice pack against Satoru's face who cringed at the sudden cold.

"No..No...it can't be!" Satoru said with gritted teeth. "That damn Ryoba probably pulled some strings...I had Ayano right where I wanted her. I could have cured her. I could have saved her from becoming a...a complete psycho!"

"O-Orochi-kun...please calm down...whats done is done...at least now you can put your attention to Haruka-chan." Nurse Cherry suggested while trying to remain optimistic in the situation.

"You don't understand, Ayano Aishi was under my care she was my responsibility and now she is out there probably hunting down a next victim that goes after her love interest."

"Orochi-kun...its not your problem anymore...you shouldn't stress about it.." Nurse Cherry tried to reason though she highly doubted that Ayano would do such a thing.

"It is my problem Nurse, I have to finish what I started. I can't live with myself knowing there's a psycho on the loose."

"Orochi-kun, you can't keep doing this to yourself...when was the last time you had a full night sleep...or more importantly, when was the last time you even saw your daughter...?"

"My daughter?...keh...she's an independent young woman who understands I won't always be home. She knew that since she was young." Satoru says standing up from the wooden chair and smoothing out his shirt.

"Orochi-kun..."

"You don't need to worry about me, Nurse Cherry. I knew right when I started my degree that this kind of job isn't for the weak-minded. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll be going back to my office now." Satoru says with his back to her as he walked towards the door.

Nurse Cherry felt her heart drop. Satoru was so dedicated to his job that it was taking a toll on his social relationships and family. He wanted to help Ayano but much against her will. He always wanted to save everyone. But maybe he was the one who truly needed saving.

"S-Satoru-kun....!" Nurse Cherry suddenly blurted out and immediately her faced flushed red when she realized she called him by his first name. Satoru paused but didn't turned to her, his hand rested on the silver knob of the door.

"What is it nurse?" Satoru asked as he turned his head slightly to her. His thunderous grey eyes seem to pierce right through her that she had the urge to look away.

"I...If...you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'll listen to whatever is troubling you." Nurse Cherry says softly but in a serious tone. She was willing to listen to him and most importantly be there for him.

This time Satoru turned his whole body to her and stared at her for a few seconds before parting his lips.

"I told you, you don't need to-" Satoru goes to say but was quickly caught off.

"I know, but you have to remember you're just human. You can't always overwork yourself and distance yourself from people, it'll just hurt you in the end." Nurse Cherry reasoned again.