Chapter 3

Ayano parks her red bike in the bike rail located just outside the school and locks it with a silver chain that gleamed in the sunlight. It was a beautiful morning, the birds were chirping away and it was the perfect temperature to be outside, warm and windy. Ayano finishes the rest of the toast she was eating on the ride and dusts her mouth off from the crumbs. Finally, she has arrived at the front gates of Akedemi High. When she walks in she immediately notices there were several police officers roaming around the lobby of the school. Ayano's charcoal eyes widen as well as her smile.

Looks like Osana-chan will not be a problem anymore. Ayano would make rice cakes for Senpai this time and have lunch with him, it would be so romantic. They can have small talk and she could wipe Senpai's beautiful face off from rebellious crumbs. She giggles at the thoughts as a light blush spreads on her face.

"Aishi-San...."

Ayano turns around to see Oka Ruta, leader of the Occult Club. The bags under her eyes seem to be darker than usual hinting that she had been crying. "Good morning Oka-chan...what's ...what's wrong?" Ayano asked faking concern since she already had an idea what had happened.

"One of the teachers....found a body...that was supposedly poisoned." Oka says as she quivered holding herself as if she was holding the last piece of her sanity. "I sense some evil aura around this school...I don't like it."

Ayano inwardly grinned, yes, her plan was set in motion, poor Senpai would need a shoulder to cry on when he finds out it was Osana-chan's body. "That's...terrible." Ayano's eyes widen and she covers her mouth in disbelief but behind her hand she smiled.

"The police are questioning everyone in the school... me and my members...don't like conversing with them but apparently it's required that everyone gets questioned even if they weren't participating in after-school activities..."

"I see, well lets just get this over with. I'm sure everything will be fine..." Ayano says and lightly smiles at the dark blue, haired girl.

"...If you say so..." Oka murmurs, she grabs onto Ayano's arm who allowed the small gesture. The two of them walk into the school.

When they enter the two girls were told by a police officer to go into a line leading to the principles office where the questioning would be held. In the line students were whispering to each other, conspiring theories and details and some were sobbing onto their friends shoulder being light of heart. Ayano remained silent but internally happy she just needed to answer right when being questioned by the police, this was nothing new to her.

Ayano's eyes then danced around the students in search of her Senpai. She wanted to see his beautiful crying face and see his desperate need of comfort. Finally, She spots him, Taro was not crying, instead he was comforting a girl. Ayano's eyes widen in pure shock and that smile she wore earlier was gone.

Senpai was consoling Osana Najimi, the tsundere girl who Ayano thought she had poisoned. Osana was still...alive.

Ayano couldn't believe it, if Osana was alive then...who was poisoned?

"There's the body." Oka's whispers, Ayano quickly looks to sees Saki Miyu body laying on a medical bed, her body was pale as a ghost and her mouth was gaped open with trickles of drool rolling down the corners of it. She was being rushed down the hallway with paramedics surrounding her. They dashed passed the students to the outside of the school.

"A student found her this morning laying on the floor of the cooking club. It might be too late to save her." Oka says watching the paramedics disappear outside. After the paramedics had left with Saki the chatter among the students grew louder.