Chapter 26

"Is something wrong, Masuta-kun? You've been looking out the door for a while now." Sho asked as he slowly took a sip from his glass of water. He laid comfortably in a white bed while Budo sat in a chair beside him.

"Sorry, I just felt like I heard someone calling my name..." Budo says awkwardly while scratching the back of his head.

"Really?" Sho tilted his head in a curious manner.

"Yeah, but I could be just imagining it." Budo reasoned.

"Hey...um...Budo, you haven't see Mina yet, have you?"

"No, I thought she would have been here by now."

"...Maybe I scared her away." Sho sighed sadly as he lowered his gaze.

"What do you mean?" Budo asked turning his body towards his friend.

"W-Well...I um...I called Mina not too long ago and I....I told her I loved her..."

"No way!" Budo says with widen charcoal eyes as he got out of his chair. "What did she say?"

"I don't know, she was mumbling so I couldn't hear her and then there was a long pause and she hanged up on me..."

"She must have been so flustered that she panicked and hanged up, don't take it as an answer Sho. She's probably trying to sum up the courage to see you." Budo smiles reassuringly and patted Sho's back. Sho cracked a weary smile.

"Do you think so?"

"C'mon, you know Mina. She likes to act tough when inside she's really just a softy. You brought out her feminine side and now she doesn't know what to do. " Budo theorizes as he took a seat back down into the plush chair.

"Hehe, yeah that's probably what happened."

Budo nodded to his friend and glanced back at the door. His new habit apparently.

"Still worried about the 'mystical' voice?"

"Its silly I know, but I can't help but think-"

"Don't worry about it, it was probably some patient or nurse." Sho replied as he grabbed a spoon from his bed table and dipped it into the plate of green jello the nurse had given him.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Budo murmured as his eyes fell to his lap.

He wouldn't have been so bothered by it if the voice hadn't sounded like Ayanos.

______________________________________________

"It took you long enough..." Satoru replied with an angry twitching grey eye as he held a sedated Ayano in his arms. The officer he had assigned Ayano to was heavily panting in front of him with his hands pressed against his knees. The officer's head was ducked down taking in deep and desperate breaths of air. He was the one that was supposed to take Ayano to the mental hospital but somehow she slipped through him despite her being handcuffed.

"That girl....haaahh... she made me chase ...hahhh....after her through a bloody intersection!!!" The officer growled as he briefly glanced up at the unconscious girl with utter hatred in his aged eyes.

"My, it seems you underestimated my patient here." Satoru chuckled amusingly causing the officer to glare at him. It was lucky that the officer notified him that he lost Ayano, Satoru wasn't worried though, he knew exactly where Ayano was headed and managed to ambush her.

"That girl ain't normal."

"Indeed, she isn't."

"She broke my fucking car window and her handcuffs too, should I put it on your tab or hers? Because I ain't putting it on mine."