Chapter 38

Ayano could feel the bitter cold of the rain hitting against her already soaked clothes. The yellow light of the street lamp seemed to protect her from the darkness but not from the cold. However, those thoughts she was having was suddenly far away when so abruptly, cold lips pressed against her own.  

"Fine, you want to know the truth?" Was what the Martial Arts Leader had said to her, she was expecting words that would have further broken her but they had never came.

He had kissed her instead.

But why? After everything she had done? Why?

Ayano felt her knees began to shake before collapsing onto the wet ground, the Martial Arts Leader broke away, his hands still firmly on her shoulders as both of them were on their knees now. 

"Are you insane...?" Ayano whispered in disbelief as she stared at the ground with her face burning crimson. "W-Why did you...?"

"Isn't it obvious Ayano...?" Budo says in a serious tone as he looked her in the eyes. "I'm in love with you."

"Y-You love...me!?" Ayano stammered, her charcoal eyes widen and tears started to form in the corner of them. "You...You can't...I'm going to leave here...I-!!"

She made to stand up but before she could Budo pushed her against him and hugged her tightly. Ayano was caught off guard by this, her chin was rested on his shoulder and her gaze went to the darkness surrounding them.

"If you're going to leave then I am coming with you..." Budo declares with his face buried into her neck. "Please Ayano...I can't bare the thought of you leaving me!"

The street lamp began to flicker drowning them in and out of darkness rapidly before stubbornly remaining on. Ayano sat frozen in his warm embrace as her eyes shook, she truly had this poor boy wrapped around her finger. She knew he wouldn't let go of her that easily especially now that he professed his love for her.

"I have truly driven you mad..." Ayano says closing her eyes letting her loose tears run down her cheek. "With me gone....you would of had a normal life...I'm so sorry......"

"Don't you dare apologize...I just want you and only you..." Budo whispers and hugs her tighter. "Even if I become more mad for doing so...."

"Let go of me Budo-Senpai..." Ayano says moving her chin from his shoulder and trying to pull away from him. "I won't allow you to go down with me...!"

When she had said those words she had tried to say them coldly with strength behind them but her attempt was weak and faint. She knew what she had to do, she had to let go of this boy for both their sake but another voice screamed at her to be selfish. Just like her old self would do. 

"Stop me then...." Budo whispers as he gazes at her face, his hands moved from her shoulders to her face. His thumb then gently brushes over her lips before leaning in closer. "Stop me...Ayano."

"..Y-You...!" Ayano felt her face reignite with heat as she felt him come closer and closer to her lips. I have to stop him, if I don't..then I won't be able to....

Despite her inner conflicts she made no move to stop him as if in a trance by those wanting eyes. The selfish side of her was winning while smothering all of her logic and reasons.

He stopped an inch from her, she could feel his cold breath against her trembling lips. He looked at her with half-lidded charcoal eyes that held so much desire in them it rendered Ayano intensely shy. This boy was insane, he was willing to risk everything for her without giving a damn about his own morals and it made her want him immensely.