Chapter 36

Ayano staggers back as the realization hits her hard, she gazes at Riku cautiously wondering if he would actually used it against her.

"Ayano Aishi..." Riku says with disdain in his voice, a cold chill goes down Ayano's spine and she could see Riku's hand slightly shaking as he pointed his weapon at her. "The girl I protected and cared about...was no other than the monster playing the damsel in distress..."

"I was never playing the damsel, Soma-kun." Ayano says firmly. "You just wanted to believe I was."

"Shut up!" Riku shouted and his grip on his taser tighten. "Tell me, do you have any empathy or remorse for what you put Kokona through...? Or even Miyu-san, Masuta-kun...me!?"

"...Would you even believe me if I said I did...?" Ayano says softly, that guilt and regret she had put aside began to rise within her once again.

"I don't know anymore." Riku admits casting a cold glare at her while taking a step towards her.

Ayano spares a glance at the driver of the limo, the driver had his head down, his gaze away from them seeming to think his steering wheel held the world's secrets instead. He was loyal to his master only. If she ran she would likely get caught by Riku since she was already tired out for walking so long. The only thing she can do now is confront this like she did with Saki and Taro.

"Soma-kun..." Ayano says and slowly lifts both her hands up in a form of surrender. "I'm not going to hurt you or anyone anymore....I'm going to leave town after tonight. You won't see me ever again...So please let me go."

Ayano could see the boy's grip falter and his violet eyes held surprise in them obviously not expecting this outcome.

"Why should I believe you, Ayano?" Riku asks, raising his taser slightly. "Even if you say these things I know you can't help yourself, the doctor said you were sick, psychotic even. For all I know you could be manipulating me before striking the final blow."

"I have my hands up and I am weaponless...you can even bind my arms and check. I just want to be on my way."

"You're still dangerous even weaponless." Riku mutters suspiciously. "And even if I let you go whose to say you won't torture or murder another person in the future. You should have stayed with the doctor, Ayano. Then maybe you could of had a chance at redemption."

"Please Soma-kun...I'm begging you, Budo-"Ayano was about to plead when Riku shouted once more.

"Enough of that!" Riku says and takes another step closer to her. "Do not mention his name anymore I am tired of hearing it whenever I'm with you!"

"Soma-kun..."Even now Ayano could sense the hint of jealously in his tone and the slight narrow of his eye. She didn't have time for this, if she didn't get a move on her trip to the city would be delayed.

"Get in the car, Ayano I'm going to take you to the police station. You're going to answer for your crimes." Riku says approaching her. "And don't think about trying to attack me. I won't hesitate to use this over and over if I have to."

Before Ayano could further plead Riku harshly grabbed her arm, dangerous blue light shined against her as Riku had it close to her now. No, this couldn't happen to her right now, not when she was so close to rescuing Budo.

"No, Soma-kun, stop!!" Ayano shouted but he didn't listen and started to drag her towards his limo where the driver still had his attention on his stupid steering wheel. "Why are you doing this, why-"

Ayano paused slightly as the answer came to her. He's doing this because he felt betrayed by her. All of his effort in trying to win her over and protect her had backfired on him severely. He had found out the harsh truth about her and his heart was shattered. But despite that he came looking for her, he had fallen completely in love with her and was doing this out of mere spite.