Chapter 35

An hour had passed by when Ayano had slowly turned to the clock on the wall. She laid curled on the cold floor of her room surrounded by the destruction of torn roses and cards. Her phone laid beside her, its screen blank with a new crack in the corner. She wasn't sure what she was waiting for, the inevitable phone call from Budo or the nurse walking in to see the mess she had made to her room.

During her mental breakdown she was filled to the brim with terror and dread but now all she felt was emptiness as well as hopelessness. Satoru Orochi, an obstacle like no other had beaten her, her mind was filled on ways to get revenge on the doctor but she knew in the end revenge wouldn't fix anything aside from satisfying her rage. It would only be proving him right.

Eventually, the police would come for her and then she would be sentenced to rot in jail closed off from the simple pleasures of life. A thought suddenly popped into her head offering a solution. A thought that persuaded her...to run away. She could run home, pack her things and leave behind the town and go somewhere new just like Osoro would. Maybe she could go to the city too and start a new life there where no one knew her sins. It would be hard to find her especially from her already careful nature and how busy the city was. Once she was settled she could inform her parents and plead for some money to help get her started. As Ayano thought of this plan she began to feel a bit depressed because she knew that her new life wouldn't have Budo Masuta in it.

Ayano hugged her knees and buried her face into them as tears started to fall. Would I even be happy? She thought hopelessly. Suddenly, she heard light footsteps approaching her door. This was it. One of her theories would become true in seconds. She waited silently for the door to open and the reaction she would hear, however, it didn't come. Whoever this person was, was idly standing in front of the door, she could see the dark shadows of their shoes at the bottom of her door.  Another moment passed and Ayano was about get up and get it over with when she heard something slip from the under the door and into her room. Her charcoal eyes widen as she stared at a white piece of paper that had slid two feet from her.  She heard a light giggle from the door before the person departed. Ayano quickly sat up and reached for the letter, her finger tips touched it and she dragged it towards her. What she saw surprised her, at first she thought that maybe it was a letter from Satoru so he could further mock her. Or perhaps from Budo who didn't want to see her and the letter was the only way to communicate his disgust with her. But instead, written in cursive was an address and nothing more. Ayano stared at the address before quickly getting to her feet and running to the door. She wanted to catch a glimpse of the person, but as she opened the door and peered down the hallway left-to-right no one was there.

"But then...who-" As Ayano was trying to rack her brain for a possible answer her eyes suddenly saw something on the ground in front of her door. There before her was a white bandana crumpled on the dusty floor. Ayano's heart quicken as she slowly knelt down and picked it up. She stared at it knowing all too well who it belong to as well as its connection to the letter.

"Come find me." It seem to say to her and Ayano gripped the bandana tightly.

Thats right, her greatest enemy had taken her Martial Arts Leader and she knew it was against his will. She had heard him screaming during her phone call with the doctor which told her that Satoru was desperate in trying to contain him. This address likely leads to where they both were.

"One more time..." Ayano breathed as she dusted her hospital gown off and putting on the leather jacket Budo had left behind in her room. "I'll be your defender."

With that she wrapped the bandana around her hair making it her usual high ponytail. She snatched the address and stuffed it in her pockets before slipping on her shoes and opening the door. She looked back one last time at her room and the chaos she had caused, whoever would find it would likely assume the worse and tried to find the missing patient. But it wouldn't matter because after this night she would leave this town behind and hopefully her sins.