Chapter 31

The work day progressed quickly as Budo gazed at the restaurant's window. The yellow sky was slowly taking in a dark blue hue. It was almost time for him and Ayano to see Oka, the Occult club leader from their school. Surely she would know how to exorcise the demon that had made Budo's body its home.

Budo leans against the counter and looked at his Saikou phone. 2 missed calls from Sho and 1 new message from Oka were displayed on the screen.

"I'll get back to Sho later..."Budo murmurs moving passed his calls and going into his messages. Oka had agreed to the exorcism when he had texted her earlier about it. She was almost eager by the many blocks of texts she send questioning him about the demon and even asking for photos of his burnt hands.

The new message displayed Oka's home address, Budo recognized the street where her house was at. It wouldn't be too far of a walk from the restaurant to there. He lowers his phone briefly when his eyes met another pair of charcoal ones right in front of his face.

"GAhh! A-Ayano, don't scare me like that!" Budo says slightly flustered that he jumped.

"Was that a text from Oka? What did she say? Are we going now?" Ayano asked him question after question while leaning closer to him in brutal anticipation.

"H-Hey Ayano...Y-You're too close." Budo stammers as their noses were practically touching. Her expression was absolutely adorable the way her eyes widen with curiosity and the way her lips pursed looked almost like a pout.

Ayano blinks in surprise and quickly comes to her senses, she moves away from him. "S-Sorry, I just really want to get this over with...." Ayano murmurs embarrassed.

"I know." Budo says carefully placing his hands on her shoulders. "But yes, it is time for us to go. Oka just texted me her home address so we should be all set. Let me just tell Mr. Sakimoto that we will be stepping out for an hour."

"Okay...!" Ayano says perking up at this. "I'll wait for you by the doors then."

"Alright, be with you in a minute." Budo says and walks into the kitchen where Sakimoto was putting away the ingredients.

Ayano watches him go before she felt someone's stare burning against the back of her head. She turns around to see Osoro glaring at her with crossed arms.

"Can I help you with something...?" Ayano says in her reserved tone.

"You two going somewhere?" Osoro mutters while her eyes narrowed down at her suspiciously.

"Yes, so you'll have to handle this shift by yourself. Remember to prep the tables for the night rush as well as light each candle on the tables." Ayano replies in a professional manner as she lists the things needed to be done.

"Keh, you don't have to tell me that! I've been working here much longer than you and your Martial Arts fuckboy has." Osoro says not liking Ayano telling her what to do. "Wherever you two are going, do me a favor and get lost!"

With that Osoro roughly brushed passed her. Ayano just watches her leave, these confrontations with her will never be easy.

"Alright, we're good to go!" Budo says walking out of the kitchen.

"Good, lets go!" Ayano says almost eager.

Together they both walked out of the restaurant and into the night. Ayano looked back at the establishment, its warmth was slowly slipping away from her as the night held her. She felt this place was like a second home to her, where she was always welcomed and where people would be there waiting for her(except Osoro). She was sure that when the exorcism was all over its warmth would greet her once again. However, she couldn't shake off this feeling of dread as she left.