Chapter 28

Budo stroked Ayano's midnight hair as she rested her head against his chest. It felt as if the missing piece to his heart was once again completed. It felt so good to be with his love again that words couldn't even describe what he was feeling right now.

"B-Budo-Senpai...I'm sorry..." Ayano quietly murmured as she clanged onto his leather jacket tighter.

"W-Why are you apologizing?" Budo says tilting his head confused. "You did nothing wrong..."

"I...I let them take me from you...I-I left you and I'm sorry I..I--!!" Ayano stammered looking up at him with her lips quivering, her words were filled with regret and Budo knew she was suffering from her rash decision.

"Shhh, Ayano its alright...I'm not mad." Budo assured her as he felt her tremble in his arms. She looked so delicate and sad, Budo wanted to keep comforting her but he knew staying here any longer would lead to more trouble. "We have to get out of here."

Ayano sniffled and her grip on Budo's jacket slackened. She slowly nodded in response and Budo released the girl. Almost immediately he felt the warmth she was emitting disappear from him. Out of reflex, Budo grabbed Ayano's hand, his hand engulfed her small one easily. She looked up at him surprised before a small smile appeared on her lips.

Budo quickly led Ayano down the hallway. The sound of their footsteps echoed through the empty hallways. Budo cautiously took in his surroundings, he was weary of the security guard finding him or even worse, the deranged doctor.

"Budo-Senpai, do you know where the exit is?" Ayano asked.

"Yeah, it should be around the corner and down the hallway. We just have to get past the front office and we're home free!" Budo assured her as he continued to guide her down the long hallway.

An air of silence surrounded the two. Ayano timidly looked up at Budo. He came to her rescue once again while being unafraid of the consequences of his actions. Ayano never doubted him. The Martial Arts Leader was always determined to do the right thing after all. As Ayano thought of this her mind began to wonder how her Martial Arts leader would react to her being a serial killer. Ironically, he sees her as an angel or even an innocent party in all of this mess. But what if he found out?

Would he resent me...?

Ayano shook her head trying to get rid of the anxious thoughts surfacing in her mind. She should be happy that her hero came for her not guilty. However, the thoughts wouldn't leave her and kept piling up within her mind. Her feet slowly came to a stop making Budo halt in mid-step.

"Ayano...?" Budo quickly looked back to see a look of anguish on her face as her head was lowered in a hesitant manner. She didn't let go of his hand but seem to hold it more tightly as if he would slip away from her. A flash of concern plastered on Budo's face as he turned his body towards her. "Whats wrong...?"

"I...I..." Ayano murmured hesitantly as she bit her lip. What would his face look like if she were to tell him right now? Surprise, fear...anger?

"Ayano, if something is bothering you, you can tell me. Did that doctor do anything to you?" Budo says as he squeezes Ayano's hand back. The look of concern on his face only deepened as he imagined all the horrible scenarios that could have happened to his Ayano. That doctor had better not hurt her.

Ayano looked up at him, there was worry in her eyes, something he didn't quite often see from her. She slowly parted her pink lips and began to speak.

"I...how...do you really feel about me right now...?" She asked locking eyes with him. Budo felt his heart began to race. The answer was simple, he loved her, he wanted her and didn't want to be separated from her. He bit his lip nervously before answering.