Chapter 34

Ayano sat in her hospital bed staring at her lap with a sullen expression on her face. Saki knew everything about what she had done but was willing to be quiet about it, most likely out of fear.

"Who else knows...?" Ayano wondered out loud to herself. How many people knew and how many were willing to be merciful like Saki?

Anxiety and dread started to fill Ayano's head, suffocating her mind with terrible thoughts and urges.

Who cares if someone knows, I'll find them and I'll take care of them...

Stop...No...I have to be good...

They'll have something over my head if I don't get rid of them...they shouldn't have stuck their noses in my business!

Stop it....stop it...I can't do that anymore...I....

I need to eliminate them....

It felt like two sides of her were arguing with each other trying to force Ayano to take a side. She clutch her head wanting it all to stop. She needed a way for it to stop....she needed...

"Budo-Senpai..." Ayano removed her hands from her head and gazed longingly at the door. Thats right, soon Budo would be back with the coffee and she would be okay. She couldn't specifically tell him about her current worries but she knew he would comfort her nonetheless.  As she thought of this the arguing voices in her head immediately dissipated. Any minute he would come through that door and greet her with his bright smile and sweet words. She clenched her hands in anticipation.

Ten minutes past, then another, and another, until a whole hour passed. Ayano's charcoal eyes shook as she stared at the clock. Where was he? Coffee shouldn't take this long to get. Did he have something important to do? He would have told her or at least texted her, right?

She had tried to go downstairs to see if he was still there but her nurse sternly ushered her back to bed and told her to stay put. When she attempted it the second time the nurse yelled at her and caused a scene. 

"I hate hospitals...." Ayano muttered with her face red from anger and embarrassment. She had spent the last five minutes texting the Martial Arts Leader but got no responses, however she did see that messages were being read which irked her and slightly worried her.

What if...someone told him...?

Before she could delve into that thought the door suddenly opened and Ayano's heart leaped as she quickly turned to the door.

"Oi..." Osoro Shidesu says before her with one of her hands raised in greeting. She wore a black leather jacket with a white tank top and blue jeans as well as a pair of black boots. It was odd seeing her dress so casually.  

"Shidesu-san...?" Ayano tilts her slightly at her appearance, she didn't expect the leader of the delinquents to come. After all, she was sure Osoro hated her and Budo and would rather tend to her uncle instead. "What are you doing here...?"

"I came to see how you were doing, dumbass!"Osoro growls while looking at her in disbelief as if she wasn't allowed to care.

"Well I'm sure it fills you with satisfaction seeing me in this awful state." Ayano says shifting to her reserved self.

"Heh...slightly." Osoro says with bold honesty while grinning to herself.

"Well, if thats all then you can leave." 

She wasn't in the mood to indulge Osoro, especially with all the worries drowning her at the moment, she was annoyed that it was her instead of her Senpai that came through the door.