Chapter 15

It was so cold in the coffin that it made Ayano's bandaged hand numb from her fingertips to her palms. What made this situation even worse was that she was not wearing her usual black stockings, her slender legs were bare and easily vulnerable to the chilling cold of the coffin.

It took Ayano a few moments to accept the unbelievable circumstances bestowed on her. The delinquents must have buried her while she was unconscious.  She wondered how long it would be until she ran out of air in this buried prison, and when the hallucinations would kick in.

"Damn it, damn it all!!!" Ayano hisses through her teeth as she claws at the top of the coffin. There was no way to get out and even if she did, she would most likely be covered in six feet of cold solid dirt. A very gruesome way to go.

Before Ayano could even debate on what to do next, a soft groan was heard to her left. Ayano jumps a bit but immediately acknowledges that she was not alone in this coffin. There to her left was no other than the dark silhouette of the Martial Arts Leader, Budo Masuta who laid beside her with a purple bruise on his forehead. In her panic she did not recognize that Budo was there nor had her vision adjusted to the darkness yet. The mind could do such wonders when in complete panic that it could totally throw off a person's most reliable 5 senses.

"Masuta-kun!" Ayano forces herself to turn to her side so she could face him. With both hands she grabs a hold of his shoulders and shakes him. "Masuta-kun!!" Ayano calls out to him again.

Upon hearing his name called in a very small space Budo's eyes shot open in surprise.

"Ah-Aya-" Before Budo could finish his sentence his head bumps the top of the coffin as he had tried to sit up. Budo fell back into his laying position and stared up at the ceiling in confusion.

"W-What...where..?" Budo was at a loss of words as his hand slowly touches the top of the coffin again trying to decipher what was going on here.

"We've....been buried alive by the delinquents." Ayano replies as she stares at the shocked expression forming on Budo's face.

"No...No...that can't be!!"Budo says with chills running down his spine. His widen charcoal eyes danced around the small coffin's interior to see that they were indeed walls surrounding them with little to no room. It was like something from a horror movie.

"Masuta-kun..." Ayano says softly as she could see he was still having a hard time believing this. She gently brough her hand to the side of his face and turns his head to her.

"Ayano..?" Budo's eyes had stopped scanning the room and looked at her.

"You need to calm down..." Ayano says as her hand slips away from his face. "Help.... will come....so don't be scared." She looked at him with a calm expression on her face and Budo takes a deep breath to try to calm himself. Once Ayano notices this she gives him a small smile.

"Ayano..."Budo returns a weary smile. Those were suppose to be his lines, but he guess being buried alive in this situation caught him off guard and who could blame him? He was glad that Ayano was with him, he wouldn't know what do to if he was alone in this dark coffin.

"It would only be a matter of hours before all the air in this coffin is gone..." Ayano says as she stares at the top of the coffin. "With the two of us in here...maybe less."

"Tch...who knew these delinquents would go so far...?"Budo mutters under his breath as he angrily hits the side of the coffin. "Ow..."

"Don't act so rash we're not fully healed from last night." Ayano says as she looks at her own damaged hands.