Chapter 30

Warm sunlight peeked through the white curtains of the small changing room. Birds could be heard chirping and singing to their hearts content and a cool breeze wafted the room. It was a perfect day.

Budo was in a fine black tuxedo with a red tie while his mother was crying happily and fussing over the collar of his shirt. He felt pure joy knowing the day had finally arrived.

"I'm so happy for you, my baby boy." His mother sobbed as she fixed the collar of his shirt for the tenth time. She was wearing a baby blue kimono with a white flower-textured sash along with a shiny blue rose ornament in her midnight hair.

"Mother, please don't cry, the ceremony hasn't even begun yet." Budo said with a weary smile while wiping away his mothers happy tears.

Who knew ten years later his relationship with his mother would be restored? She gave up everything to support him and his lady. She sold the Dojo, finalized her divorce with her toxic ex-husband and made amends. They were closer than they were before and Budo was happy that she was here for this special day.

Budo glanced over at the clock displayed on the wall of his changing room and his smile only widen further.

"Well mother, its almost time for me to go." Budo says as he adjusts his slick back hair in the mirror and steps off the stand.

"R-Right, I'll be watching you my precious son..." His mother says wiping another tear from her eyes before taking in his appearance again and bursting into another joyful smile.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door making both Budo and his mother turn.

"Come in." Budo says cheerfully.

"Hey Budo!" Sho Kunin says with a wide grin spreading across his face as he opened the door. He was wearing a white tuxedo with a blue tie. He currently had his arm wrapped around Mina Rai who held tightly onto him.

"Hello, Budo-kun." Mina said equally happily as she clutched Sho. She wore a simple white dress with a blue hair pin adorned in her chocolate brown hair. She was also wearing blue high heels that she didn't seem to be used to yet making her cling to Sho for dear life.

"Hey, so you glad you guys could made it!" Budo replied and hugged the couple.

"Idiot, we wouldn't dream of missing this day." Mina said with a pout.

"We thought we stop by and see how our leader cleaned up." Sho said with a wink. He could tell that Budo was looking his best for this day.

"Uggh, don't tell me you're wearing your headband!" Mina fumed staring at the white headband around Budo's head.

"Of course, my lady likes me with my headband on." Budo says with an easy smile on his face while shrugging his shoulders.

"Hahah, Budo wants to get lucky later that's why!" Sho mused as he playfully punched the man in the shoulder making Mina shake her head.

"Sho, if you dare wear your headband for our wedding I will personally kick your ass at the alter." Mina spoke with crossed arms with a serious expression on her face.

"Ohoho~ Mina your sexy tom-boy attitude is showing~!" Sho said in a singsong voice while wiggling his eyebrows. "Oi, Budo make sure you throw that garter to me."

"YOU PERVERTED MASOCHIST!!" Mina shouted flustered as she pulled her lover into a head lock and dragged him out of the room.

"Ow, ow, Mina that hurts!" Sho's muffled voice could be heard down the hallway until they were out of sight.