Chapter 11

The Next Morning:
Rosalie's POV:

Elena, Stefan, and I were in the library with Elijah to get down to the Klaus and his ritual business.

"Tonight is a full moon, we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah informed.

"Elena said that sun and moon curse is fake." Stefan said making me look at them surprised. "That it's actually a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born from a werewolf bloodline." Elijah explained. "The curse is what kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll become a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon frowned walking in. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"No, Damon." Stefan stated.

"No." I insisted. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying. Even if I did it, I wouldn't be able to do it within 24 hours without the proper training because of how much power that takes."

"I'll right her a great eulogy." Damon shrugged.

"It's not an option, Damon!" I glared.

"Alright," Stefan said cutting in. "How do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward." Elijah shrugged. "The ingredients, you so to speak, already know."

"The moonstone." I nodded.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Elijah sighed. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah added while he grabbed a box from behind him. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death."

"And that's where you come in." Elena stated.

"This is an elixir that I acquired about 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah informed.

"So she'll be dead?" I asked curiously. I've never heard of such a spell.

"Then she won't." Elijah nodded.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffed then looked to Elena. "You want to come back to life, how about John's ring?"

"The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Elijah warned.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon stated. "What if it doesn't work Elena?"

"It's going to." Elena stated. "I'm not going to die!"

Damon huffed and walked out.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything to do this?" I asked. "Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."

I nodded as Stefan got up and went to talk to Damon. Elena went to the kitchen as I stayed in the room with Elijah.

"So, how are you taking all of this?" Elijah asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"As good as I can. I mean, I'm supposed to be with him, yet, my sister and the boys are going to be the ones to end up killing him. How does that make any sense?" I frowned.