Chapter 26

Rose's POV:

"He killed him." Matt said as his voice cracked.

"He's not dead." I choked out. "Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire."

"And if Bonnie is successful he will live through his transition." Klaus stated, pulling Elena and I to him. "Go on then, go fetch your grimoires, and enchantments, and whatnot. I'll hang onto Elena and Rosalie, for safe keeping."

Bonnie looked at us hesitantly. Elena shook her head no as I nodded yes. Bonnie looked at me and nodded back before leaving with Matt.

Once they were gone I turned around and slapped Klaus, earning a glare from him.

"That's what you get for not telling me the truth and turning one of my friends." I seethed.

Klaus opened his mouth to speak but I put my hand up and turned to Rebekah. "I know if Tyler was here for prank night so was Caroline. Where is she?"

"You could say she's taking a little nap." Rebekah smirked.

"Don't be so smug, Beckah." I rolled my eyes and went to go sit on the bleachers.

"So this is the latest doppelgänger." Rebekah frowned looking over Elena. "Your twin in much prettier."

"Enough, Rebekah." Klaus rolled his eyes. "Take the wolf boy else where, would you?"

Rebekah smirked at Elena before dragging Tyler out of the gym. Welp, this is fucking great for being back home after 7 months.

Klaus then let Elena go and joined me on the bleachers.

"Are you really that upset at me, love?" Klaus frowned.

"I don't get you." I sighed. "You come to town, your a total monster. We leave for the summer and you at least start to put my feelings into consideration. What changed?"

"I honestly thought you knew something about this in the beginning." Klaus frowned. "But seeing the way you walked in, I'm sorry, love."

"You just better hope that Bonnie finds a way to save Tyler." I frowned.

Klaus nodded and then we sat there in an awkward silence. After a while I started to comfort Chad and Dana who had no idea what was going on.

"Stefan." Elena smiled as he walked through the door.

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" Klaus frowned.

"I came to ask for your forgiveness, and pledge my loyalty." Stefan stated.

"You broke that pledge once already." Klaus frowned.

"Elena doesn't mean anything to me anymore." Stefan frowned. "Whatever you ask of me, I'll do."

"Fair enough. Let's drink on it." Klaus smirked, pointing to Chad and Dana. "Kill them."

"Klaus, don't. They're innocent!" I exclaimed.

Stefan didn't move.

"What are you waiting for, kill them." Klaus stated.

"Stefan, he won't hurt me. He already said....." Klaus cut Elena off by smacking her hard, causing her to hit the floor.

Stefan yelled out pissed. Next thing I know I have Stefan's arms around my neck. I look at Klaus scared, knowing that if I tried to use magic it would be too late for me.

"Stefan." I choked out. "Don't do this. Remember your promise."

Stefan's grip faltered around me, meaning my words got through to him. Before I could register what happened next, I was behind Klaus as he held Stefan back by his throat, as pissed off as he could be.