Chapter 37

Rose's POV:
The Next Morning:

I woke up early the next morning and headed to school with decorations to decorate Caroline's locker for her birthday.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Elena frowned.

"Decorating my friends locker for her 18th birthday!" I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't explain why you're here though."

Elena was about to answer when Bonnie showed up.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Bonnie said carrying a big poster board for Caroline. "I got held up."

"It's fine, I just got here too." Elena shrugged.

"Slackers." I teased.

"Shut up!" Elena glared.

"Whatever, bitch." I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Bon, can you pass me the balloons please. Thank you." I smiled and tapes them to the lockers. "Cute! So what got you running late?"

"I, uh, was working in some new spells." Bonnie shrugged. "What about you, Lena?"

"Working out with Alaric." Elena stated.

"Awe, poor Ric." I smirked.

"So, I have something I need to tell you, Bon." Elena sighed. "Jeremy is going to be leaving town for a while. He's going to be staying with some old family friend in Denver until this whole Klaus thing blows over."

"Wait, what?!" I frowned. "Why?!"

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you guys to deal with this on your own." Bonnie said then it all made sense.

"You little bitch!" I seethed. "You had Damon compel him, Agin!"

"It's for his own good!" Elena argued. "It's not safe for him here anymore. It could give him a chance at a better life."

"Please." I scoffed. "You don't care about Jeremy, you're just doing this for yourself so you don't have to have another one of our family members calling you out on your bullshit!"

"Rose is right, God, I can't believe you." Bonnie shook her head as we both walked away from her and up to Jeremy.

"Denver, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jeremy nodded. "I'm sorry I never got the chance to tell you this morning."

"So, were you going to say good-bye?" Bonnie asked.

"To Rose, absolutely, but I wasn't sure you cared." Jeremy shrugged.

"Of course she cares Jer!" I assured.

"Exactly! I was just hurt by what happened between you and Anna, Jeremy." Bonnie frowned. "I don't want you to leave town."

"I think this could be a good thing." Jeremy told us. "At least until all this Klaus stuff blows over. I think I can have a better life there."

"Heh, that's what Elena said." I scoffed as Bonnie nodded. "It's exactly what she said."

"What do you mean?" Jeremy asked.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "I'm just gonna miss you little bro."

Bonnie nodded and we all headed to class.

Third Person's POV:

Rose's POV
Caroline's House:

The whole day went by and we didn't see or hear anything from Caroline, so Bonnie, Matt, Lexi, reluctantly Elena, and I were all waiting for her.