Chapter 10

The Lockwood Estate

"So what's this curse?" Elena asked annoyed as she made herself at him in a sofa.

"My family was quite close. But Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires we discovered the truth." Elijah stated. "Klaus was not my fathers son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this he hunted down and he killed my mothers lover and his entire family. Not realizing that he ignited a war between the species. Between the vampires and the werewolves."

"So Klaus' father was from a werewolf bloodline." Elena frowned. "What does that make Klaus? A werewolf or a vampire?"

"He's both. A hybrid." Elijah revealed. "A hybrid would be more deadlier than any werewolf or vampire, nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. There fore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would be dormant."

"That's the curse?" Elena asked scared.

"He wants to trigger that part of himself that's a werewolf." Elijah stated. "If allowed, he'd be able to sire his own bloodline, endangering not just vampires but everyone."

"But you helped him?" Elena asked suspiciously.

"I helped him because I loved him." Elijah nodded. "That all changed, now he must die."

"We have the dagger now. We can stop him." Elena stated.

"When a werewolf is wounded by silver it heals, an original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger." Elijah frowned. "So you see the conundrum? The dagger doesn't work."

"So what are you saying? That Klaus can't be killed?" Elena asked.

"There's one way to kill any supernatural species," Elijah stated. "At the hands of the servants of nature themselves."

"A witch, if they can channel enough of that much power." Elena nodded. "But it could kill them."

"The curse needs to be broken during the full moon, when Klaus is in transition, that's when he'll be at his most vulnerable." Elijah declared. "A witch with enough power can kill Klaus."

"What if I told you I knew a witch that could channel that much power?" Elena asked.

"Then I would say that I have two more things that you should know." Elijah stated. "Before Katerina left, I acquired an alixer to save her life after the ritual, however, after the curse is broken Rosalie's life will then be connected to Klaus' forever."

"You found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger?" Elena asked with a smile.

"Yes, but unfortunately, Katerina took matters into her own hands first." Elijah frowned.

"You cared about her, didn't you?" Elena asked with a smirk.

"A common mistake I'm told." Elijah stated.

Elena went in to kiss Elijah but he held her by her shoulders back.

"I believe for that to be unwise, Elena." Elijah glared, handing Elena her jacket causing Elena to roll her eyes.

"There is one last thing that you should know, and this might change everything." Elijah admitted. "If you go through with killing Klaus after the ritual is done, you will have broken the spell keeping Klaus and Rose's life forces apart. They will become one. If you kill Klaus, you'll kill Rosalie."

"This changes nothing." Elena glared at Elijah before walking away.

Elijah followed Elena back to her car, and headed back towards the Salvatore house.