Chapter 15

A Few Day's Later
Rose's POV:

I groaned waking up. Looking up I notice I'm in a car as tree's pass by out the window. I turn and notice Elijah in the driver's seat.

"What happened?" I asked.

Elijah sighed and looked at me guilty before turning his eyes back to the road. "I've failed you."

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Niklaus is alive." Elijah frowned. "I saved him so I could be reunited with my family. He didn't bury them at sea. I hope one day you can forgive me."

"I understand." I sighed. "So, where are we going?"

"You've been out for a few day's. I've taken you with me as we followed Niklaus, cleaning up his messes." Elijah sighed.

"I assume I'm a hostage now?" I frowned. "Once we find Klaus I know I won't be able to go anywhere."

"As long as I'm around, you're free to do whatever you want." Elijah assured. "I won't let Niklaus treat like an object instead of a person."

This made me smile. Maybe being around them wouldn't be so bad. With Elijah around at least.

We continued driving for the next few hours until Elijah parked the car on the side of the road. I followed when he started to get out of the car. We walked for a good 10 minutes until we entered a clearing. Looking out I instantly put my hands over my eyes.

"I so didn't need to see you naked!" I stated.

I rolled my eyes when I heard Klaus laugh.

"You've been busy." Elijah commented.

"That was amazing." Klaus gasped. "How long has it been?"

"Almost two days." Elijah answered. "When the full moon came and went, you remained a wolf."

"I can change at will then." Klaus stated. "That's good to know. You can look now love."

Not taking any chances I peaked through my fingers and sighed in relief, dropping my hand, when I realized he had put some clothes on.

"I remember every single kill." Klaus smirked.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." Elijah informed.

"Just like old times, brother." Klaus agreed.

"You've had your fun." Elijah frowned, handing Klaus his boots as he walked by. "I believe we have a bargain."

"That's right. Now what was it again?" Klaus smirked. "Oh yeah, wait, I remember. You wish to be reunited with our family."

"You gave me your word, Niklaus." Elijah stated.

"Now what kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus frowned, putting on his jacket. "Even though you did try to kill me."

"He could have like he promised, but he didn't." I stated, crossing my arms as I stood up for Elijah. "That has to count for something."

"It does." Klaus nodded then frowned at me. "However, don't think I didn't see you ready to kill me once the spell was complete."

"You killed my sister, I say we call it even and drop it right here, right now." I glared.

"Fair enough." Klaus shrugged as we started to head back towards the car.

"So where are they?" Elijah asked as he opened the car door.

"You need to lighten up." Klaus smirked as he hopped into the front, making me sit in the back. "I'll bring them to you soon enough."

And with that, we were on our way back to Mystic Falls.