Chapter 3

Rosalie's POV:
Mystic Falls High:

When Damon and I got to the school, Damon parked the car and we started to head in when we saw Bonnie and Jeremy talking.

"Just because a bunch of dead witches gave me a warning doesn't mean that I'm gonna die." Bonnie said.

"So you're saying that there's a 50-50 shot you won't?" Jeremy scoffed. "Look, I'm sorry. But you know that I don't have the best of luck in the girlfriend department."

I felt bad hearing him say that, no matter how true it was. Last year at the Halloween school carnival Stefan ended up killing Vicki, Matt's older sister before she could kill Elena, Jeremy, and I because Damon turned her into a vampire. Then there's Anna. A vampire that knew Katherine and wanted to open the tomb to get her mother out. She died because of John. Damon and Stefan almost died as well.

"Hey. Listen, I can't explain it, but I can feel them. I'm empowered Jeremy, I can do this. I know I can. I'm strong enough." Bonnie assured, but even I knew that wasn't true. I just wish everyone would have listened to me earlier, but no, it's all about Elena.

Rolling my eyes at the thought, I looked back, making eye contact with Bonnie as she hugged Jeremy.

"Damon, Rose." Bonnie frowned making Jeremy look at us.

"Evening." Damon smirked wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I frowned at Bonnie and shook my head. She could have stuck up for me with Elena but didn't. But I can't expect it anymore, it's always been that way. Damon then cut off my train of thought as he leads me into the dance. We waited by the gym entrance for everyone else and then went in after meeting up.

When we walked in everyone was slow dancing until Dana went up to the microphone.

"Thanks for being here everybody!" Dana said making everyone around us cheer and clap. "We have a special shout-out tonight. This one is for Rosalie, from Klaus."

This caused Elena to glare at me. What the hell did I do?!

"That was a lame cheap shot." Damon scoffed.

"Tell me about it." I agreed. I could honestly care less.

"He's just trying to bait us." Damon added.

"I know everyone here." Elena said making me roll my eyes.

"Maybe he's not here." Stefan suggested. "Maybe he wants us to believe that he is."

"More importantly, why you." Elena glared at me some more. "I'm the doppelgänger. He wants me!"

"How the hell should I know Elena?" I glared back. "And you're not the only fucking doppelgänger, idiot. Not to mention Rose mentioned some crap about mates. Whatever that is."

"Enough of the drama, it's a party people, blend." Damon stated. "Let him come to us."

"Good idea." Bonnie nodded then pulled Jeremy off to the dance floor.

"There's Ric. I'll be back." Damon said.

"I'll come too." I said before following after, not wanting to be around my sister glaring at me than I already have to.

"Special dedication? This guy is a little twisted." Ric stated.

"I'm not impressed." Damon frowned.

"No?" Ric asked like he was disappointed and intrigued, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. Something's off.

"I mean, he obviously didn't do anything out of whack." Damon shrugged before walking off.