Chapter 43

The Next Morning
Rosalie's POV:

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. After stretching I yawned and got up, getting ready for the day. (Outfit above)

Once finished I walked downstairs, grabbed a fruitbowl for breakfast, and walked into the family room and smiled seeing Klaus drawing as Kol lounged aorund. I sat next to Klaus and tried peaking at his drawing only for him to sheild it from my view. I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my fruit when Rebekah walked in, still in her dress from last night.

"Well, well, well. There's our girl." Kol smirked getting in Rebekah's way, but moved whenever she tried to get around him.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah frowned.

"Out all night. What a scandal." Kol mocked. "I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth!" Rebekah threatened causing Klaus to smirk. "Don't start, Nik."

"I didn't say anything." Klaus said failing to hold back his smirk.

"Uh huh." I giggled.

"I'm bored." Kol sighed. "Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for?" Klaus stated. "Go on. Have at it."

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik." Kol pouted. "It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

"He's got you there babe." I pointed out.

"Okay, why not?" Klaus sighed. "I didn't have nearly enoug to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."

"Yes, please go." Rebekah smirked. "This house has enough men rolling around in it."

"Just like you Bekah." Kol smirked, causing the both of us to each throw a heel at him.

"Good riddence both of you!" Rebekah hissed but missed him but I hit him right in the ass with it making his yell.

"Nik! Control your mate! She has a hell of an aim." Kol complained.

The boys had left and we turned around to see Elijah and Katherine walking in.

"I'm worried about mother." Elijah frowned. "Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for 1,000 years. What's strange for her?" Rebekah shrugged.

"Burned sage?" Katherine said holding it up making me frown.

"She was doing a privacy spell." I stated. I knew something was up.

"You know she fancies such things." Rebekah said not wanting to believe her mother is hiding something that could harm their family. "Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"I don't trust Finn." Elijah stated. "He hates what we are. He always has."

"That's not true." Rebekah frowned. "And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make her family whole. She loves us, even Rose and Kat. What trouble are you looking to find?"