Chapter 8

Third Person's POV:
The Lockwood Mansion:

Elijah knocked on the door as Elena stood confused behind him.

"Elijah! Elena, what are you doing here?" Carol Lockwood smiled then frowned, noticing Elijah's suit. "What happened?"

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I hoped you could help." Elijah smiled.

"Well, I'm on my way out to a meeting, so I...."

"It won't take but a minute of your time." Elijah cut her off, compelling her.

"Of course," Carol smiled. "Anything you need."

"Well, first things first, I'm going to need a change of clothing." Elijah said walking in with Elena in toe.

"Well, we could try one of my husband's suits. I haven't gotten around to boxing them up yet." Carol offered.

"Wonderful." Elijah said as Carol went upstairs.

"How did you know she's not on vervain?" Elena whispered.

"Because I'm the one who got her off of it," Elijah smirked then frowned at Elena. "right before you and your friends killed me. Twice. If you'll excuse me, I'll be down in a moment."

The Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan was pacing downstairs as Damon was with Rosalie upstairs when there was a knock on the door.

"Bonnie." Stefan sighed in relief, quickly pulling her inside. "Were you spotted by anyone?"

"No." Bonnie frowned and looked at him worried. "Now what happened to Rosalie?"

"We were hoping you could tell us." Stefan sighed.

Bonnie nodded and followed Stefan up to Rosalie's room where Damon sat next to her, holding her hand.

"Finally!" Damon huffed. "What took you so long?!"

"Relax, why don't you and Stefan go downstairs and I can see what I can do." Bonnie suggested.

Stefan gestured out the door. Damon sighed and kissed Rosalie's forehead before going downstairs with Damon.

A Little While Later:

Bonnie came downstairs and walked into the parlor causing Stefan and Damon to stand up.

"What happened?" Stefan asked.

"Is she okay?" Damon asked, worried of all.

"She'll be fine." Bonnie sighed in relief. "She's under a spell though, a powerful one. I tried to go in, but I was kicked out. I only got a glimpse, but from what I saw, I think she's getting her memories back."

"What?" Stefan and Damon asked together.

"She's getting images of Katherine and her sister. I suppose the ancestors are giving her the memories she's lost. Or at least showing her what happened as a warning to be careful this time around." Bonnie explained.

"So she'll wake up?" Damon asked hopefully causing Bonnie to nod.

"When?" Stefan asked.

"I'm not sure." Bonnie frowned. "That's the thing about ancestral warnings mixed in with decades or centuries of memories. All I can say is when she's ready she'll wake up on her own."

Stefan and Damon nodded in understanding.

"I have to go back to the witch house and Jeremy." Bonnie smiled. "I'll see you guys soon."