Chapter 44

Third Person's POV:
The Caves:

"Come on!" Elena complained as her phone beeped with no signal. "Stupid bitch, I should of had her killed a while ago when I had a chance."

Giving up Elena looked around and started to walk through the tunnel, it wasn't until a little while longer where she saw the tunnel opening ahead. Elena went to make a run for it, only to stop when Rebekah and Katherine appeared infront of her with smirks.

"Going somewhere?" Katherine asked.

"What are you two doing here?" Elena glared.

"Not much, unless you try to run." Rebekah shrugged. "In which case, we get to kill you."

Rose's POV:

After a while Elijah and I figured out that Esther was drawing power from Bonnie's ancestors, in which we needed Stefan and Damon to do our dirty work. So Elijah drove us over to the Boarding House. We were sitting in the parlor when Stefan walked in.

"I can't find her anywhere." Stefan sighed walking in, then frowned when he saw Damon frowning at Elijah and I.

"Hello, Stefan." Elijah smirked.

"They have Elena." Damon stated.

"Actually she's with Rebekah and Katherine." I corrected.

"As you can imagine, my sister and mate is just dying to tear her throat out." Elijah smirked. "So if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother."

"I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but I'm a little rusty when it comes to killing thousand-year-old resurrected witches." Damon said sarcastically.

"You're okay with this?" Stefan asked me in disbelief.

"Elena made her bed, now she gets to lay in it." I shrugged.

"My mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead, not with the spirits of nature at her side." Elijah stated.

"So what are we supposed to do?" Stefan frowned.

"Esther is drawing her power from the Bennett bloodline." I said sadly. I didn't want this to happen to Bonnie or her mother but this is all Elena's fault. "That line needs to be broken."

"Broken?" Stefan asked confused.

"Yeah, he means......" Damon frowned dragging his finger across his throat.

"You want us to kill them." Stefan glared at me.

"You know I'd do it myself but I've absolutely no idea where they are." Elijah shrugged. "Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harmed by the likes of you. In any case, you have until 6 minutes after 9 to find them."

"How superspecific of you." Damon rolled his eyes.

"By 9:07 the moon'll be full." I informed. "That's when Esther will have the power she needs to kill us."

"Us?" Stefan asked confused and looked at Damon who looked just as confused. "Elena said Esther was unlinking you from Klaus and killing the originals?"

"She lied." I frowned.

"No. She wouldn't." Damon glared at me as Stefan stayed quiet.

"If my life wasn't at risk then why would I be helping Elijah and tell you one of my best friends bloodlines needs to be cut off?" I glared back. "Maybe you should open your eyes to her manipulative games. I can see Stefan is just starting to. Better late than never."