Chapter 36

Rose's POV:

"Ric!" I panicked, running over to his body.

"There I go again, bumping into people." The hybrid that was with Klaus at the grill this morning smirked before driving off.

Jenna and Ric quickly rushed over. Jenna went to but her wrist.

"No! Don't!" I panicked and looked at his hand. "He's wearing his ring, if you give him your blood he'll probably turn."

"What are we supposed to do?!" Jenna cried.

"Help me get him into the house, okay?"

Jenna nodded and all three of us carried Ric into the house and laid him on the couch. Jenna sat on the floor next to him, refusing to leave Ric's side as Jeremy looked concerned.

"He'll be alright, are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't understand." Jeremy frowned.

"Who was that on the phone earlier?" I frowned.

"It was Klaus." Jeremy stated.

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying not to cry. Not because I was sad Klaus did this to my brother and Ric, no I'm fucking pissed!

"You were compelled, Jeremy." I seethed, walking to the hall closet and grabbed a pistol that was loaded with wooden bullets. "I'll be back!"

"Wait, where are you going?" Jenna asked concerned.

"To deal with a certain hybrid." I frowned, jumped into my car, and found my way to where Klaus was staying. I chanted a protection spell on myself so I wouldn't feel the effects of the bullets then I walked in and was instantly stopped by a hybrid.

"Who the hell are you?!"

I didn't answer I just twisted my wrist as I walked by, snapping the hybrids neck with magic.

"KLAUS!" I yelled through the house. "GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!"

"Ah, there's my girl." Klaus smirked.

That smirk instantly fell as I popped three bullets into him, causing him to scream in pain.

"W-what the hell was that for?!" Klaus demanded.

"You know exactly what that was for!" I seethed. "You compelled my BROTHER to stand in front of a speeding car but instead hit Alaric to send a message?!"

"I'm sorry love, but I need my coffins back!" Klaus groaned, pulling out the last bullet, only making me shoot him three more times.

"I told you I'd help you! But you know what? Find them your fucking self and leave me alone!" I glared, shooting the last two bullets into him and ripped off the necklace he gave me, throwing it at his feet.

I ended up driving back to the house and everyone was gone besides Ric.

"Hey, Ric, when did you return to the land of the living?" I asked.

"Oh, just a few minutes ago." Ric groaned. "How is Jeremy?"

"He's fine. Are you okay?" I asked.

Ric then started to cough heavily and spit out blood.

"Oh, my God." I frowned.

"Somethings wrong. The ring." Ric said just before collapsing.

"Ric, hey, hey!" I said trying to get him to stay with me. "Shit!"

I took out my phone and instantly called 911. After 5 minutes they finally showed up as I texted Jenna and Jeremy.

"What happened?" The medics asked as I opened the door.

"He got hit by a car, and he's coughing up blood." I panicked.

"Get his vitals." The medic told the other.

"Pulse, threads and weak." The other stated.

"Looks like internal bleeding. We got to get him out of here." The medic stated.

"Let's move." The other medic stated.

"Let's not and say we did." The same hybrid that ran over Ric stated before compelling the medics. "Why don't you two meet us at the hospital?"

"What? No!" I stated as the medics left. I turned back to the hybrid and glared. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"You can still save his life, Rose. Here, take my blood." The hybrid stated. "All you have to do is invite me inside."

"Why are you doing this?" I glared.

"Klaus asked for his family." The hybrid frowned. "You didn't deliver. Not to mention you shot him, eight times!"

Ric then started to cough up blood.

"Oh my God!" I panicked, rushing over, using magic to try and take what little pain I could. "I'm right here."

"He's gonna die." The hybrid stated. "You might want to invite me in, Rose."

I looked up when I saw that the hybrid collapsed with an arrow in his back as Jeremy held a shot gun.

"Jer." I sighed in relief.

"He's not dead yet." Jeremy said walking past me and into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Jeremy came walking back out with a butcher knife.

"Jer, wait!" I stated, running back to the kitchen grabbing a cup causing Jer to stop in his tracks.

"What are you doing?" Jer asked.

"Taking his blood." I stated, taking the butcher knife from Jeremy, slitting the hybrids arm with it, letting what blood I could get drizzle into the cup.

"There." I sighed rushing back to Ric. "Just enough to get him to the hospital."

Jeremy then picked up the butcher knife and chopped the hybrids head off.

"There." Jeremy frowned. "Now he's dead."

"Come on, help me get him to the car!" I stated.

Once we got Ric in, Jeremy called Jenna telling her to meet us there, and Ric instantly went into the ER as we all waited for news.

Later

After a while Jenna showed up and snuck into Ric's room, giving him her blood and healed everything. Now the three of us were just waiting on Ric to come out so we could leave. Once we signed the discharge papers we headed back to my car.

"So the ring brought you back to life?" Jeremy asked. "But it didn't heal you? Does that mean it's broken?"

"I don't know." Ric sighed. "It's never happened like that before."

"I guess I have Damon's blood to be thankful for the fact that I'm still walking." Ric shrugged.

"Actually that was me." Jenna stated making Ric smile and kiss her head.

"Thank God. I'd rather deal with the head trauma than Damon's blood." Ric said causing us all to chuckle. "Hey, Jer, you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jeremy shrugged. "I shot a hybrid in the back and chopped off his head with a meat cleaver. Typical Sunday, huh?"

"Right." Ric nodded.

"Well, I'm ready for bed? What do you guys say?" I yawned.

"I'm with you there." Jenna agreed.